Savannah Hotel

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2005
      I just talked with Julie at the Days Inn Historic in Savannah.

      We have just a few more rooms left in our block. There are some
      non-smoking, doubles available. If you have any difficulty with the
      reservations desk (please ask to speak to someone in reservations), ask to
      talk with Julie in Sales.

      Julie has also sent me a list of those folks who have already made
      reservations. I am going to go on the basis that we're all friends and list
      the names of those who have reservations. As soon as I have an updated list
      from AAA, I'll let y'all know the names registered. (I know a couple of
      folks who have rooms but not under SACC. I think that Bob Muckle and Ann
      Kaupp.)

      Barber/Linda
      Barbolla/Di
      Barker/Judie
      Blackmon/Dor
      Bragdon/Ann
      Brown/Valerie
      Carpenter/Do
      Chidester/Di
      Davis/Dor
      Eisenlauer/J
      Ellenbaum/Ch
      Gillialand/Ma
      Harvey/Kent
      Johnson/Melv
      Kass/Barry
      Kellogg/Denn
      Kitchim/Chri
      Lesure/Kenne
      Levine/Diane
      Lewine/Mark
      Light/Linda
      Livingston/M
      Lorentz/Marl
      Mathieu/Jame
      McWhorter/Ms
      McWhorter/Th
      Miller/Lloyd
      Murray/Cecil
      Naftaly/Phil
      Ninivaggi/Cy
      Otterbein/Ke
      Roberg-Lopez
      Rodgers/Jo
      Rux/Julia
      Salem/Dorothy
      Stein/Phil
      Stein/Rebecca
      Stein/Rebecca (I�m not sure why your name is listed twice.)
      Stevenson/Th
      Talley/JuneBuatista/Aur
    • Melvin Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005
        My fellow members of SACC--your probably by now have either seen or at least
        observed that there is a response to AAA on my part about the subject
        portal. If I have offended any of your with my comments back to Suzi
        Skomal, my apologies. I believe though I was justified in my comments. The
        memorandum of understand is a 17 page document with numerous clauses that
        specify editorial responsibility, charges associated with deviations of
        publication, approvals by officers. This is not a simple item and one that
        I feel needs to have serious review prior to any action on the part of SACC.
        To require the officers of an organization that has successfully managed
        publication should not be given only three-weeks to review a legal contract
        and approve it is not proper business practice. No legal department within
        any organization would allow their officers to sign a contract without first
        having the opportunity to review it in committee with all parties present
        and then only in draft form. What we have here is not negotiable and as far
        as I know, this type of document was never discussed between any AAA staff
        and any officer in SACC. The financial commitments to this activity no
        matter how worthy must be seriously weighed prior to approval. I believe
        that anything that requires the re-evaluation of an organizations financial
        holdings or organizations priorities must have full membership approval.
        Therefore, I am suggesting to the officers that no contract be signed
        without the approval of the membership of the organization. If this is what
        we want then I think we need to have someone--a person who represents or at
        least can speak to the legalities here--from AAA to go over in detail the
        terms of the contract.

        Melvin Johnson, Treasurer--SACC

        "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death." --Mame
        Dennis
      • Ann Kaupp
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2005
          Mel, it makes perfect sense that membership should have an opportunity to
          vote on this. Ann

          >>> majohns1@... 03/13 6:06 PM >>>

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links