RE: [SACC-L] Thanks Diane for hotel info

  • Melvin Johnson
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3, 2005
      I have to second Mark's remarks about being assertive. I cannot really
      blame the reservation/hotel staff though. Having worked in the travel
      industry, important pieces of information often do not get passed around
      effectively. Be assertive, be insistant at the very least, and like
      Mark--do not hesitate to request speaking to a supervisor or manager.

      By the way, I am suppose to get a list of the registrants from AAA on March
      22nd from Khara Minter. I will tell you this about the AAA, they are very
      reticent about taking late registrations. They may return them to you
      unprocessed. If that happens, I suggest letting me know, as Leatha and I
      are doing the receipts and name tags for the meeting.

      Mel Johnson

      "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death." --Mame
      Dennis

    • Dianne C
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2005
        I just wanted to send this out so y'all know how much Mel and Leatha have
        done for this meetings. We really should nominate Mel for "treasurer for
        life and the hereafter!"

        Also, if there are any problems, please let me know and I'll do my best to
        straighten them out.

        Cheers & Thanks!

        See you in Savannah!

        Dianne

        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2005
          I second Dianne's sentiments in thanking Mel and Leatha for all their
          hard work on behalf of the conference. As a friendly amendment,
          however, I suspect that Mel might want a voluntary exit clause in his
          "treasurer for life and the hereafter" nomination.

          Lloyd

          On Thursday, March 3, 2005, at 09:24 AM, Dianne C wrote:

          > I just wanted to send this out so y'all know how much Mel and Leatha
          > have
          > done for this meetings. We really should nominate Mel for "treasurer
          > for
          > life and the hereafter!"
          >
          > Also, if there are any problems, please let me know and I'll do my
          > best to
          > straighten them out.
          >
          > Cheers & Thanks!
          >
          > See you in Savannah!
          >
          > Dianne
          >
          >> From: "Melvin Johnson" <majohns1@...>
          >> To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
          >> Subject: RE: [SACC-L] Thanks Diane for hotel info
          >> Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:50:52 +0000
          >>
          >> I have to second Mark's remarks about being assertive. I cannot
          >> really
          >> blame the reservation/hotel staff though. Having worked in the travel
          >> industry, important pieces of information often do not get passed
          >> around
          >> effectively. Be assertive, be insistant at the very least, and like
          >> Mark--do not hesitate to request speaking to a supervisor or manager.
          >>
          >> By the way, I am suppose to get a list of the registrants from AAA on
          >> March
          >> 22nd from Khara Minter. I will tell you this about the AAA, they are
          >> very
          >> reticent about taking late registrations. They may return them to you
          >> unprocessed. If that happens, I suggest letting me know, as Leatha
          >> and I
          >> are doing the receipts and name tags for the meeting.
          >>
          >> Mel Johnson
          >>

          >> "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
          >> --Mame
          >> Dennis

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Melvin Johnson
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 4, 2005
            Just a heads up, in case AAA does not process your late registrations, just
            let me know that you are coming, I will have the materials available for you
            in Savannah. You can pay there, and we will have a receipt available for
            you. Mel Johnson