RE: Help--Request for comparative enrollment numbers

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 9, 2005
      Mark,
      I can't manage the SACC conference in 2005--not enough money
      accumulated (yet) for conferencing. (I'm relatively new at my
      institution.) I don't have specific information about the environmental
      program being developed at my institution. I believe that biology
      faculty are working on it. I hope I will hear more soon. Meanwhile, I'd
      be happy to share syllabi when I have them ready. A survey of curricula
      sounds very useful.

      Does SACC meet regularly at AAA meetings, also?

      Deborah

      Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:51:50 -0500
      From: "Lewine, Mark" <mark.lewine@...>
      Subject: RE: Help--Request for comparative enrollment numbers

      Deborah, I hope that you are coming to the SACC meeting in Savannah
      next
      month. Please lead a discussion on this topic or set some time aside
      for an informal discussion for those of us particularly interested...I
      am delighted to learn of the ecological anthropology venture! Please
      share a syllabus and ideas for programs at your community college that
      will connect to it (we have an Environmental Tech program for example)
      Archaeology courses are of course more common. As VP of SACC, I am
      working with AAA to survey faculty at community colleges about
      curriculum as well as other basic information so that our organization
      can be of more help and support such efforts as yours.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
        Yes- but we get much more done, learn much more, and enjoy each other
        much more at our SACC conferences...several of the past AAA presidents
        and Bill Davis have attended our meetings and cited us as the model!
        Try and make is somehow, this one will be outstanding!

[...]

        Sorry for all the details, but this could make the difference whether I
        get my courses, or not. You can email me directly at:
        deborah.shepherd@...

        Your information will only be transmitted internally to the Anoka-Ramsey
        Curriculum Committee. I really appreciate all the help I get on this.

        Thanks!
        Deborah

        Yahoo! Groups Links
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10, 2005
          Deborah, many of us are getting toward retirement and we are on the
          lookout for leadership talent- please consider running for office
          soon...