FW: Celebrating Women Anthropologists (was RE: MALE LIST)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 1999

      Celebrating Women Anthropologists
      "Our site highlights the lives and works of thirty-one different women
      WEB SITE AUTHORS (as of several months ago):
      Karen Bachman
      Bridget McCourt
      Catherine Klein
      Kathleen Del Monte

      " ... four web authors who researched, designed and created the site for a
      graduate class project in our Visual Anthropology class."
      Here are the women anthropologists we're featuring!
      Matilda Coxe Stevenson / Annette Barbara Weiner / Ruth Fulton Benedict
      / Dian Fossey / Ruth Underhill / Franziska Boas / Zora Neale Hurston /
      Alice C. Fletcher / Dorothea Leighton / Rosebud Yellow Robe / Ellen
      Irene Diggs / Mary Nichol Leakey / Tatiana Proskouriakoff / Theodora
      Kroeber / Ella Cara Deloria / Margaret Mead /
      Frances Theresa Densmore / Galina Starovoitova / Elsie Clews Parsons /
      Camilla Hildegarde Wedgwood / Gladys Amanda Reichard / Vera D. Rubin /
      Frances Gillmor / Madeline Kneberg Lewis / Ruth Sawtell Wallis / Vera
      Mae Green / Lila Morris O'Neale / Eleanor Burke Leacock / Hortense
      Powdermaker / Carobeth Tucker Laird / Hannah M. Wormington

      <mailto:LISTSERV@...> . <<<<<<