RE: SACC representation in Atlanta

  • naftalyp@sunyacc.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31 7:26 AM
      Hello Everyone,

      Thank you to Dianne for volunteering to help with the Five-field update
      in Atlanta. I think that Bob is planning on attending as chairperson but will
      let you know if he is not. We will need assistance with a number of meetings
      and sessions at the Atlanta meeting. I think that the first thing that we need
      to do is to identify all of the meetings and the times that they will occur.
      The meetings that come to mind immediately are: SACC Board Meeting; SACC
      Business Meeting; Five-filed update; Section meeting; Meeting for the section
      treasurers; Meeting for the publishers of section journals. Could each of you
      who are involved with these meetings, or any other event that should have SACC
      representation, let us know what the event is and the day and time that it is
      scheduled to take place. Also, for those of you who are attending the meetings
      in Atlanta, could you let us know if you will be available to represent SACC at
      any of these meetings.

      Quoting Dianne C <dianneky@...>:

      > As much as I'd love to go to S.F., especially since I've never been, I really
      > don't think I can do two conferences.    I'll plan to attend the Atlanta
      > meetings--although I know the SACC meetings will be much better!  Let me know
      > what I can do to help SACC in Atlanta.  Who will be announcing/introducing
      > our Five Fields Update?  I'll be happy to if other folks are not able to be
      > there.
      > Maybe we could find out who is attending which meetings?  I'd really like to
      > be able to visit with anyone from SACC who is in Atlanta.
      > Cheers!
      > Dianne Chidester
      >

      > Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc  (NOTE THE NEW
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      > !DSPAM:4183d824174637915852858!

    • Robert Muckle
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31 9:50 AM
        I will be in Atlanta for the AAA meetings. I will therefore be able to
        chair the SACC-sponsored Five-Fields session as scheduled on Thursday
        morning (10:15 - 12:00). Due to a cancellation of the person scheduled
        to present on 'archaeology,' I have now taken on that presentation. I
        might need one or two SACC people to read prepared papers for other
        presenters who are unable to make it to Atlanta but would like their
        paper read.

        Of course I am willing to particpate in meetings and represent SACC as
        needed, but since I only arrive in Atlanta early Thursday morning, and
        have the five-field session starting at 10:15, don't count on me for
        anything before that.

        Bob Muckle

        >>> naftalyp@... 10/31/04 07:26 AM >>>

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2004
          Following up on Phil's call to have members represent SACC at the
          Atlanta meetings, here's the schedule I was committed to in San
          Francisco. Susi Skomal assures me that the days and times will be the
          same in Atlanta. Coverage of any and all of the following will be most
          appreciated.

          Thursday, 6:00-7:30 p.m.: open forum on AnthroSource
          7:30-9:30 p.m.: Invited reception (wine and cocktail buffet) on
          AnthroSource (I RSVP'd the invitation for SF; if they decide to have
          it in Atlanta, just tell them you're attending in my place)
          Friday, 8:00-10:00 a.m.: AnthroSource 2007. This is for those AAA
          publications (including ours) scheduled to become digitized in 2007.
          Saturday, 9:00-11:00 a.m.: AN Contributing Editors' breakfast. This
          is an annual event I attend.

          Lloyd