FW: AAA meeting

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2004
      From: naftalyp@... [mailto:naftalyp@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 9:54 PM
      To: Popplestone, Ann
      Subject: AAA meeting

      Hello everyone,
      From what I can tell from E-mails, it appears as if the
      hotels
      have declined to go along with a cooling off period and that the lock
      out
      continues. There is some chatter about the desire to move the
      conference to
      San Jose and several organizations and individuals have stated that they
      will
      not attend meetings in Atlanta.
      In speaking with many SACC Board Members and some of our
      members
      it looks as if we will have a contingent meeting in San Francisco while
      attending a mini-SACC conference and a group who will represent SACC at
      the AAA
      Annual meeting in Atlanta. If I have not already heard from you, please
      let me
      know at as soon as possible at naftalyp@... if you would be
      interested
      in attending our mini-SACC conference in the San Francisco area during
      approximately the same dates as the original AAA meeting in San
      Francisco.
      Thanks, Phillip Naftaly

      Colleagues, while the Mayor of SF requested a cooling off period, the
      hotels
      refused. Thus, there is no change in the lock out situation at the
      Hilton.
      HERE, the union, has made a great effort to get substantial discounts
      for AAA
      to meet in San Jose. For me and for many others, the Atlanta option is
      not
      possible. EPD
      E.Paul Durrenberger
      http

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2004
        Let us please wait one day for the deadline to be over, that is
        Wednesday at 5PM is the deadline for management to change their mind,
        which, in my 40 years in union negotiations, is always last minute if it
        happens. So- wait just until Thursday morning to make up your mind
        individually, and then we will all make plans.