S.F. and Atlanta

  • Robert Muckle
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2004
      I like both Phil's idea of having a mini SACC meeting in San Francisco
      and Dianne's idea of perhaps splitting some of the duties of SACC
      members so they are not obligated to go to both.

      For several reasons, my personal preference is to go to a mini-SACC in
      S.F.

      However, I also have an obligation to chair the SACC-sponsored
      Five-Field session in Atlanta.

      Is there a SACC member willing to chair the Five-Fields in Atlanta?

      If someone can commit to chairing the Five-Fields in Atlanta, then I
      would commit to going to S.F. (which would be easy since I already have
      the air tickets and reservation in a non-Hilton hotel). If paper
      presentations were desired for S.F, I could give one of those as well.

      Bob Muckle
    • LAWolfe@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2004
        I'm leaning toward going to SF.  My trip there had included connecting with friends and family up in the Bay Area.  The Atlanta meetings fall on our finals week--I checked airline schedules can't feasibly fly out on time to chair the teaching roundtable on Sex and Gender on Thursday evening AND administer a Thurs. am final....

        Leanna
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 25, 2004
          If the Athropology Education Committee decides to meet in Atlanta which
          seems likely, I can sub for you. I will now within the next day or so.
          If not, my preference is to meet in SF, as I am staying at the Powell.
          Also, I am very interested in the SAA nomination and have staff looking
          into whether my college, you, or myself should be the nominating source.
          If it needs to be you, I will do the nomination materials with my staff
          and send them to you for review and to send on. I will also join the SAA
          today...