Re: [SACC-L] Fwd: The 2004 Annual Meeting Location Change to Atlanta

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2004
      Phil,

      I'm glad I waited a day to answer your e-mail as my response would have
      been moot by now. I think your idea of a quickly formed SACC
      conference is good. Since I'll be in SF anyway, do count me in for
      anything you can arrange. I too will not be attending the AAA meetings
      in Atlanta.

      You know, it's ironic: of course the AAA Exec Board could not have
      known ahead of their decision about Hilton's offer to trade venues.
      However, for all the inconvenience, some cost to individuals and quite
      likely reduced attendance, AAA will end up holding its conference in a
      non-union hotel. Go figure!

      Lloyd

    • naftalyp@sunyacc.edu
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2004
        Hello Lloyd,
        I'm glad to hear that you support the idea of a mini-SACC conference
        in San Francisco and am waiting to hear from other board members and members at
        large. I would also like to point out that on some levels participating in the
        AAA Annual Meeting in Atlanta is equivalent to attending the meeting at the
        Hilton in San Francisco except for the fact that we don't have to come in
        contact with the ugly contingencies of a strike/lockout. By moving to Atlanta
        while promising to meet in San Francisco in a few years, we have removed our
        legal liability but have also supported the Hilton. Now that the Hilton knows
        that they have secured our business and our money, albeit at a later date, they
        can continue on as they wish during the current labor struggle. There is no
        possibility for truly neutral action regarding this conflict and the AAA Board
        has chosen its benefactor.