SACC 2005 -- Savannah Conference

  • Dianne C
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 2004
      Attached is information regarding the SACC Annual Conference to be held in Savannah, GA, March 30-April 2, 2005.

      I am so excited about this program.  Savannah, in the spring, should be absolutely spectacular with the azaleas and dogwoods in bloom.   (Make your hotel reservations soon.  It will be hard to get rooms as their spring season gets rolling.)  Our program, with it's focus on Gullah culture and the low country, is a rare opportunity to get some indepth and in person experience.  And we will certainly learn aboaut historic preservation at the Savannah College of Art and Design and how their students interact with the city and her history.

      Please pass this information along to anyone you think may be interested in attending.

      It's been an honor for me to plan this for y'all.  I've fallen in love with the Low Country and am excited for you to see it.

      Y'all come!
      Dianne Chidester, President-Elect
      Society for Anthropology in Community Colleges

      P.S.  Please forgive any dupliclations.  I want to make sure we let everyone know about this!

      Rock, jazz, country, soul & more. Find the music you love on MSN Music!
    • Dorothy Davis
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 8, 2004
        Hi Dianne,
        Did you make room reservations already?
        Do I need to reserve a room for my students now?

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 8, 2004

          We should have a free room.  Joani may come and share with us, if y'all don't mind.

          I think that the sooner the better as far as rooms.  Savannah is going to fill up fast.  We were really lucky to get space!

          Cheers!

          Dianne

          Find the music you love on MSN Music. Start downloading now!
        • Lightld@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 9, 2004
            I'm a bit confused about hotel accommodations for the meeting in Savannah. Has a block of rooms been reserved for us, or are we responsible for finding our own hotel? If they have been reserved, I don't have the info re hotel, price, etc. to reserve early (I still haven't made reservations for AAA!). Am I missing something?
          • Dianne C
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 9, 2004

              Oh I hope I didn't mess it up somehow!  I'll check, but I want to get the info to you now.

              The hotel is  Days Inn/Days Suites Historic District

                                201 West Bay Street

                                Savannah, GAS 31401

              toll free #:  877-542-7666 ext 146      Tell them you are with the Society for Anthrpology in Community Colleges.

              Rooms are $104/night/single or double + 12% tax

                              $114/night suite + 12% tax

                               $7/day parking garage

              Travel to and from the airport (Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport) is by taxi $20/pern ($5.00 each additional passenger.)

              Hope this helps.  Now I better check that flyer!

              Cheers!
              Dianne