Re: [SACC-L] CAAs Final.xls

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4 6:13 AM
      Mark,

      Good data so far. Several things caught my eye from a first reading.
      1) As we suspected, a large proportion of adjuncts/part-timers to
      full-timers. BTW, how do adjuncts and part-timers differ? I've always
      used the terms interchangeably as folks without full-time contracts and
      no benefits. 2) How many names I didn't recognize. Guess that could
      mean good "market potential" for SACC membership and/or involvement.
      3) How many colleges have multiple anthro faculty. I thought DuPage
      was in a pretty exclusive class (and they're not even on the list)!

      If possible, it would be nice to know which of these faculty teach in
      other areas besides anthro and what are the areas. My suspicion is
      that very few of them teach only anthropology. Also, for how many of
      them is anthro their major—as opposed to a secondary–field. Don't know
      if these data are possible to collect; respondents might tire of
      inquiries.

      Anyway, you've done a great job, Mark. Hope the summer's treating you
      well.

      Lloyd