CAAs Final.xls

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2004
      Message
      This is an updated list showing what we have collected so far from our survey of community colleges, taken from the AACC list, the AAA list, and a few added by SACC members from their own knowledge within their respective regions. Next steps include:
      1. Follow-up survey letters sent to non-respondants with phone calls if staff time allows.
      2. Search for additions to the missing 300 from the total population not included from our lists. Surveys mailed to them.
      3. Draft of letter inviting Tribal Colleges not represented in SACC lists to be included in SACC, in survey, in follow-up.
      4. Follow-up letters welcoming respondants to SACC and AAA with inclusion of AAA/SACC materials
      5. Analysis of demographic patterns, professional/organizational patterns from data submitted
      6. Determination of next steps from the results of above.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2004
        Mark,

        Good data so far. Several things caught my eye from a first reading.
        1) As we suspected, a large proportion of adjuncts/part-timers to
        full-timers. BTW, how do adjuncts and part-timers differ? I've always
        used the terms interchangeably as folks without full-time contracts and
        no benefits. 2) How many names I didn't recognize. Guess that could
        mean good "market potential" for SACC membership and/or involvement.
        3) How many colleges have multiple anthro faculty. I thought DuPage
        was in a pretty exclusive class (and they're not even on the list)!

        If possible, it would be nice to know which of these faculty teach in
        other areas besides anthro and what are the areas. My suspicion is
        that very few of them teach only anthropology. Also, for how many of
        them is anthro their major—as opposed to a secondary–field. Don't know
        if these data are possible to collect; respondents might tire of
        inquiries.

        Anyway, you've done a great job, Mark. Hope the summer's treating you
        well.

        Lloyd