Savannah Day Dreamin' (with apologies to Jimmy Buffet)

  • Chidester, Dianne (Jefferson)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2004

      Just thought I’d let y’all know that I’m headed for Savannah this week to do groundwork for our meetings.  If my contacts so far are any indication, we’ll be warmly welcomed there.

      Between looking at hotels and how much we will be overcharged for things, I’ll be checking out:

       “Lady and Sons”  www.ladyandsons.com for some downhome cookin’,

      Lady Chablis’ Club One  http://www.clubone-online.com  (You might remember her from “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil”),

      Some walking tours (there are lots of them)  http://www.seesavannah.com

      http://www.innworks.com/letsgo/03942.html

      And I’ll be tracking down information on Gullah and Geechee cultures (with some great leads from Tony Balzano).

      I think that the Savannah Music Festival will be the same time we’ll be there.  http://www.savannahmusicfestival.org  (Can’t wait to see who will be appearing next year.)

      I’ll be off line while I’m doing this planning.  Also, I’m leaving Jefferson Community College at the end of June.  If you need to reach me, my “fun” e-mail address is  dianneky@...

      Cheers!

      Dianne

      Dianne Lynn Chidester, M.A., Anthropology

      (home:  502 375-5865)