RE: Spam (Message score):Re: [SACC-L] Agenda For SACC Board and Business Meetings in Montreal

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2004
      Unfortunately, the payment of registration costs make up most of the SACC's ability to exist. Whenever a year occurs when we have a financial "bath"such as what happened to us when AAA suddenly took us out of Chicago, we have to recoup for a while before returning to issues of spending. For some time now I and others in SACC offices have been finding local sources to support SACC work. This cannot continue either, but belt tightening has to occur in SACC from time to time. Still, we continue to talk about how to assist low-paid adjunct faculty and students without fund support to attend SACC. We have put the issue of an endowment on the table for one possibility. We need other ideas because the need is there and just. I am working with Kathleen Terry-Sharpe of AAA staff to identify all teachers of anthropology at known community colleges, using the AACC list, and we intend to promote membership growth by contacting each and every faculty member at the more than 750 colleges that do not currently use SACC or AAA, but are a part of the AACC. That may help us down the road, by building a larger base.