Re: [SACC-L] Agenda For SACC Board and Business Meetings in Montreal

  • Phillip Naftaly
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 21 11:35 AM
      How long are you anticipating? We have more time at the Board meeting than at the Business meeting.

      Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
      Adirondack Community College
      640 Bay Road
      Queensbury, NY 12804
      (518) 743-2259

      >>> Lloyd Miller <lloyd.miller@...> 03/21/04 02:39PM >>>
      Phil, please save adequate time to discuss AnthroSource and its
      ramifications for SACC.
      Lloyd

      On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Philip Stein wrote:

      > We had better take a look at our Kokopeli logo.
      > Phil
      >
      > Phillip Naftaly <naftalyp@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hello everyone,
      > Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business
      > meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.
      >
      > Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
      > Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
      > Adirondack Community College
      > 640 Bay Road
      > Queensbury, NY 12804
      > (518) 743-2259

      > ---------------------~-->
      > Canada.
      > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
      >

      > Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.ccá (NOTE THE NEW

      <image.tiff>

      <image.tiff>

    • LAWolfe@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 21 4:23 PM
        I'd like to revisit SACC's decision to not fund members who present at AAA meetings.  The school district I teach in now has such limited funds for conference attendance that SACC's registration reimbursement could be a real help for member scholars.

        Leanna
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 21 5:44 PM
          I definitely think we should discuss AnthroSource at the board meeting
          and give a brief summary of our discussion at the business meeting.
          I'd say allow at least a half-hour. I wrote an informative article on
          it for this issue of SACC Notes, which should be printed and mailed
          next week. I'll bring copies for board members, since folks will not
          likely have received their bulk-mailed copies by the time they leave
          for Montreal.

          SACC has about a year to decide whether or not to participate in
          AnthroSource, but we need to talk about it so folks understand what
          it's all about. Mel and I have probably been more involved in these
          discussions at AAA than most others, but I don't have a grasp yet on
          how SACC members feel about it.

          Lloyd

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 21 8:44 PM
            In addition to my VP report, or as part of it if you wish to organize it that way, I need time for the following:

            * SACC/AAA Survey of comm. colleges
            * SACC/NASA collaboration
            * Regional VP responsibilities

            Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.

            Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
            Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
            Adirondack Community College
            640 Bay Road
            Queensbury, NY 12804
            (518) 743-2259

            >>> "Robert Muckle" <bmuckle@...> 03/04/04 03:11PM >>>

            http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
          • Rebecca L. Stein
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 22 5:28 PM
              I can do it as part of the Program Chair report, but we need to discuss how
              invited sessions are chosen for the AAA conference.

              --Rebecca