Re: [SACC-L] Agenda For SACC Board and Business Meetings in Montreal

  • Phillip Naftaly
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
      How long are you anticipating? We have more time at the Board meeting than at the Business meeting.

      Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
      Adirondack Community College
      640 Bay Road
      Queensbury, NY 12804
      (518) 743-2259

      >>> Lloyd Miller <lloyd.miller@...> 03/21/04 02:39PM >>>
      Phil, please save adequate time to discuss AnthroSource and its
      ramifications for SACC.
      Lloyd

      On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Philip Stein wrote:

      > We had better take a look at our Kokopeli logo.
      > Phil
      >
      > Phillip Naftaly <naftalyp@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hello everyone,
      > Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business
      > meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.
      >
      > Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
      > Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
      > Adirondack Community College
      > 640 Bay Road
      > Queensbury, NY 12804
      > (518) 743-2259

      > ---------------------~-->
      > Canada.
      > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
      >

      > Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.ccá (NOTE THE NEW

      <image.tiff>

      <image.tiff>

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
        Phil, please save adequate time to discuss AnthroSource and its
        ramifications for SACC.
        Lloyd

        On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Philip Stein wrote:

        > We had better take a look at our Kokopeli logo.
        >
        > Phil
        >
        > Phillip Naftaly <naftalyp@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hello everyone,
        > Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business
        > meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.
        >
        > Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
        > Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
        > Adirondack Community College
        > 640 Bay Road
        > Queensbury, NY 12804
        > (518) 743-2259

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
        >

        > Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc  (NOTE THE NEW

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

      • LAWolfe@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
          I'd like to revisit SACC's decision to not fund members who present at AAA meetings.  The school district I teach in now has such limited funds for conference attendance that SACC's registration reimbursement could be a real help for member scholars.

          Leanna
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
            I definitely think we should discuss AnthroSource at the board meeting
            and give a brief summary of our discussion at the business meeting.
            I'd say allow at least a half-hour. I wrote an informative article on
            it for this issue of SACC Notes, which should be printed and mailed
            next week. I'll bring copies for board members, since folks will not
            likely have received their bulk-mailed copies by the time they leave
            for Montreal.

            SACC has about a year to decide whether or not to participate in
            AnthroSource, but we need to talk about it so folks understand what
            it's all about. Mel and I have probably been more involved in these
            discussions at AAA than most others, but I don't have a grasp yet on
            how SACC members feel about it.

            Lloyd

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
              In addition to my VP report, or as part of it if you wish to organize it that way, I need time for the following:

              * SACC/AAA Survey of comm. colleges
              * SACC/NASA collaboration
              * Regional VP responsibilities

              Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.

              Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
              Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
              Adirondack Community College
              640 Bay Road
              Queensbury, NY 12804
              (518) 743-2259

              >>> "Robert Muckle" <bmuckle@...> 03/04/04 03:11PM >>>

              http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
            • Rebecca L. Stein
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 22, 2004
                I can do it as part of the Program Chair report, but we need to discuss how
                invited sessions are chosen for the AAA conference.

                --Rebecca