Re: [SACC-L] Agenda For SACC Board and Business Meetings in Montreal

  • Philip Stein
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
      We had better take a look at our Kokopeli logo.

      Phil

      Phillip Naftaly <naftalyp@...> wrote:
      Hello everyone,
      Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.

      Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
      Adirondack Community College
      640 Bay Road
      Queensbury, NY 12804
      (518) 743-2259

      >>> "Robert Muckle" 03/04/04 03:11PM >>>

      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Phillip Naftaly
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
        How long are you anticipating? We have more time at the Board meeting than at the Business meeting.

        Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
        Adirondack Community College
        640 Bay Road
        Queensbury, NY 12804
        (518) 743-2259

        >>> Lloyd Miller <lloyd.miller@...> 03/21/04 02:39PM >>>
        Phil, please save adequate time to discuss AnthroSource and its
        ramifications for SACC.
        Lloyd

        On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Philip Stein wrote:

        > We had better take a look at our Kokopeli logo.
        > Phil
        >
        > Phillip Naftaly <naftalyp@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hello everyone,
        > Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business
        > meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.
        >
        > Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
        > Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
        > Adirondack Community College
        > 640 Bay Road
        > Queensbury, NY 12804
        > (518) 743-2259

        > ---------------------~-->
        > Canada.
        > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
        >

        > Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.ccá (NOTE THE NEW

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
          Phil, please save adequate time to discuss AnthroSource and its
          ramifications for SACC.
          Lloyd

          On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Philip Stein wrote:

          > We had better take a look at our Kokopeli logo.
          >
          > Phil
          >
          > Phillip Naftaly <naftalyp@...> wrote:
          >
          > Hello everyone,
          > Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business
          > meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.
          >
          > Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
          > Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
          > Adirondack Community College
          > 640 Bay Road
          > Queensbury, NY 12804
          > (518) 743-2259

          > ---------------------~-->
          > Canada.
          > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
          >

          > Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc  (NOTE THE NEW

          <image.tiff>

          <image.tiff>

        • LAWolfe@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
            I'd like to revisit SACC's decision to not fund members who present at AAA meetings.  The school district I teach in now has such limited funds for conference attendance that SACC's registration reimbursement could be a real help for member scholars.

            Leanna
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
              I definitely think we should discuss AnthroSource at the board meeting
              and give a brief summary of our discussion at the business meeting.
              I'd say allow at least a half-hour. I wrote an informative article on
              it for this issue of SACC Notes, which should be printed and mailed
              next week. I'll bring copies for board members, since folks will not
              likely have received their bulk-mailed copies by the time they leave
              for Montreal.

              SACC has about a year to decide whether or not to participate in
              AnthroSource, but we need to talk about it so folks understand what
              it's all about. Mel and I have probably been more involved in these
              discussions at AAA than most others, but I don't have a grasp yet on
              how SACC members feel about it.

              Lloyd

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
                In addition to my VP report, or as part of it if you wish to organize it that way, I need time for the following:

                * SACC/AAA Survey of comm. colleges
                * SACC/NASA collaboration
                * Regional VP responsibilities

                Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.

                Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
                Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
                Adirondack Community College
                640 Bay Road
                Queensbury, NY 12804
                (518) 743-2259

                >>> "Robert Muckle" <bmuckle@...> 03/04/04 03:11PM >>>

                http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
              • Rebecca L. Stein
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 22, 2004
                  I can do it as part of the Program Chair report, but we need to discuss how
                  invited sessions are chosen for the AAA conference.

                  --Rebecca