Agenda For SACC Board and Business Meetings in Montreal

  • Phillip Naftaly
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
      Hello everyone,
      Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.

      Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
      Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
      Adirondack Community College
      640 Bay Road
      Queensbury, NY 12804
      (518) 743-2259

      >>> "Robert Muckle" <bmuckle@...> 03/04/04 03:11PM >>>
    • Phillip Naftaly
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
        Rebecca,
        Here is some information about how to get from the airport to the hotel and back again:

        Airport Transportation
        Transportation From the Montreal International Airport at Dorval to The Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth

        The Dorval airport is approximately 14 miles from downtown Montreal which can be reached in about 25 minutes by automobile. Car rentals, Taxis, and a shuttle bus are available at the airport.

        The shuttle bus leaves from the airport every thirty minutes between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. on weekdays and weekends. The bus leaves from Post #6 at the International Arrivals Ground Floor and makes a stop at the Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth Hotel. One way fares are $12.00 while a round trip ticket costs $21.75.

        Transportation From the Fairmont the Queen Elizabeth to the Montreal International Airport at Dorval :

        Shuttle bus reservations for a pick-up at the hotel must be made 24 hours in advance.

        For more information about the shuttle bus you may contact L'Aerobus at 1-514-931-9002.

        Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
        Adirondack Community College
        640 Bay Road
        Queensbury, NY 12804
        (518) 743-2259

        >>> Rebecca Cramer <rcramer@...> 03/21/04 10:37AM >>>
        Hi SACC Buddies,
        I'm so excited about seeing everyone next week.
        Who knows the best way to get to our hotel from the airport -- taxi,
        shuttle, does the hotel have any transport?
        Beca

        Please send agenda items to be discussed at our
        board and business meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.

        Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
        Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
        Adirondack Community College
        640 Bay Road
        Queensbury, NY 12804
        (518) 743-2259

        >>> "Robert Muckle" <bmuckle@...> 03/04/04 03:11PM >>>

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Philip Stein
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
          We had better take a look at our Kokopeli logo.

          Phil

          Phillip Naftaly <naftalyp@...> wrote:
          Hello everyone,
          Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.

          Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
          Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
          Adirondack Community College
          640 Bay Road
          Queensbury, NY 12804
          (518) 743-2259

          >>> "Robert Muckle" 03/04/04 03:11PM >>>

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Phillip Naftaly
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
            How long are you anticipating? We have more time at the Board meeting than at the Business meeting.

            Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
            Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
            Adirondack Community College
            640 Bay Road
            Queensbury, NY 12804
            (518) 743-2259

            >>> Lloyd Miller <lloyd.miller@...> 03/21/04 02:39PM >>>
            Phil, please save adequate time to discuss AnthroSource and its
            ramifications for SACC.
            Lloyd

            On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Philip Stein wrote:

            > We had better take a look at our Kokopeli logo.
            > Phil
            >
            > Phillip Naftaly <naftalyp@...> wrote:
            >
            > Hello everyone,
            > Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business
            > meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.
            >
            > Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
            > Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
            > Adirondack Community College
            > 640 Bay Road
            > Queensbury, NY 12804
            > (518) 743-2259

            > ---------------------~-->
            > Canada.
            > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
            >

            > Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.ccá (NOTE THE NEW

            <image.tiff>

            <image.tiff>

            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
              Phil, please save adequate time to discuss AnthroSource and its
              ramifications for SACC.
              Lloyd

              On Sunday, March 21, 2004, at 10:50 AM, Philip Stein wrote:

              > We had better take a look at our Kokopeli logo.
              >
              > Phil
              >
              > Phillip Naftaly <naftalyp@...> wrote:
              >
              > Hello everyone,
              > Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business
              > meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.
              >
              > Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
              > Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
              > Adirondack Community College
              > 640 Bay Road
              > Queensbury, NY 12804
              > (518) 743-2259

              > ---------------------~-->
              > Canada.
              > http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
              >

              > Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc  (NOTE THE NEW

              <image.tiff>

              <image.tiff>

            • LAWolfe@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
                I'd like to revisit SACC's decision to not fund members who present at AAA meetings.  The school district I teach in now has such limited funds for conference attendance that SACC's registration reimbursement could be a real help for member scholars.

                Leanna
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
                  I definitely think we should discuss AnthroSource at the board meeting
                  and give a brief summary of our discussion at the business meeting.
                  I'd say allow at least a half-hour. I wrote an informative article on
                  it for this issue of SACC Notes, which should be printed and mailed
                  next week. I'll bring copies for board members, since folks will not
                  likely have received their bulk-mailed copies by the time they leave
                  for Montreal.

                  SACC has about a year to decide whether or not to participate in
                  AnthroSource, but we need to talk about it so folks understand what
                  it's all about. Mel and I have probably been more involved in these
                  discussions at AAA than most others, but I don't have a grasp yet on
                  how SACC members feel about it.

                  Lloyd

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 21, 2004
                    In addition to my VP report, or as part of it if you wish to organize it that way, I need time for the following:

                    * SACC/AAA Survey of comm. colleges
                    * SACC/NASA collaboration
                    * Regional VP responsibilities

                    Please send agenda items to be discussed at our board and business meeting to me by Wednesday, March 24th.

                    Phillip Naftaly, Ph.D.
                    Professor of Anthropology and Sociology
                    Adirondack Community College
                    640 Bay Road
                    Queensbury, NY 12804
                    (518) 743-2259

                    >>> "Robert Muckle" <bmuckle@...> 03/04/04 03:11PM >>>

                    http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/1MXolB/TM
                  • Rebecca L. Stein
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 22, 2004
                      I can do it as part of the Program Chair report, but we need to discuss how
                      invited sessions are chosen for the AAA conference.

                      --Rebecca