FW: [ANTHRO-L] Discovery Channel seeks anthropologists for new series on urban e xploration [fwd]

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2004
      From: Anthro-L [mailto:Anthro-l@...] On Behalf Of
      Jarvis, Hugh
      Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 3:16 PM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject: [ANTHRO-L] Discovery Channel seeks anthropologists for new
      series on urban e xploration [fwd]

      [Fyi all. Hugh]

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Jake Laufer [mailto:jake@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 3:13 PM

      Hoggard Films, a Washington, DC area production company is presently
      engaged in a nationwide talent search for a new Discovery Channel series
      on urban exploration.

      We are looking for a dynamic, adventurous, charismatic anthropologist
      who we can cast as part of an an urban exploration "A-Team." He or she
      will be part of a team of experts and athletes that explores abandoned
      buildings, tunnels, bridges, towers -- going to the places where most
      people never go, or even know that they exist -- tunnels under Chicago,
      top of the Brooklyn Bridge, maybe even going internationally to explore
      the Paris catacombs (second season).

      The anthropologist will bring their expertise to bear in several ways
      including planning the missions and analyzing the clues to past usage
      found in the structures we explore.

      This will be a 13-part series to begin airing in early 2005.

      The individual we're looking for should have what it takes to become a
      national tv personality. There is no particular requirement in terms of
      advanced degrees, but we'd like our person to really know their stuff,
      in addition to having a terrific tv presence.

      For more information on the series, the casting process and what we're
      looking for, please visit http://www.wildernessdoc.com/forbiddenzone

      Thank you very much, I hope some of you may be interested in this
      opportunity and look forward to seeing your tapes!

      Best regards,

      Jake Laufer
      Hoggard Films

      // Unsubscribe/suspend (NOMAIL), INDEX or DIGEST modes... \\
      | http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=anthro-l&A=1 |
      \\ Archives: http://listserv.buffalo.edu/archives/anthro-l.html //