FW: 1/28/2004 Daily Report from The Chronicle of Higher Education

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      From: The Chronicle [mailto:daily@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 5:00 AM
      To: Chronicle Daily Report
      Subject: 1/28/2004 Daily Report from The Chronicle of Higher Education

      ACADEME TODAY: The Chronicle of Higher Education's
      Daily Report for subscribers

      Good day!

      [snip]

      RESEARCH IN THE RING: A photojournalist brings visual
      anthropology to one of Brazil's top universities in her study of
      the rise of boxing among youths in one of Rio de Janeiro's worst
      slums.
      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/weekly/v50/i21/21a04001.htm

      RISE OF THE MACHINES: Computers haven't changed us much -- only
      our self-images, our privacy, our reasoning, our assumptions,
      and our views of mastery, good, and evil, writes Sherry Turkle,
      a professor of the social studies of science and technology at
      the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
      --> SEE http://chronicle.com/weekly/v50/i21/21b02601.htm

      [snip]

      You'll find The Chronicle's home page at:

      http://chronicle.com

      If you would like your own copy of the Daily Report, and you are not yet
      a Chronicle subscriber, please visit us on the Web to
      subscribe:
      http://chronicle.com/subscribe/?dr

      Also from The Chronicle:

      The Chronicle of Philanthropy: news and information about
      foundations, charities, fund raising, and the nonprofit world,
      at:
      http://philanthropy.com

      Arts & Letters Daily: pithy summaries of some of the best
      writing on the Web, at:
      http://aldaily.com

      If you want to change the address at which you receive this
      e-mail message, change which messages you receive, change
      your login name or password, or make other changes in your account
      information, you can do so online at:
      http://chronicle.com/services/

      If you have other problems or questions, please send a message
      to:
      help@...

      Copyright (c) 2004 The Chronicle of Higher Education, Inc.