Dar al Islam

  • Chidester, Dianne (Jefferson)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2004
      Message

      I attended Dar al Islam in 1998.  It was a very intense two weeks, but very enlightening.  (Classes ran from early morning and continued after dinner.)  We had some of the top thinkers and philosophers of Islam (not all were Muslims; some were converts; some were born into Islam) who spent hours with us.   Even though I had been interested in Islam for many years, this program really taught me a lot.

      The participants were from all levels of education, though primarily high school teachers.  They really seemed to like the mix of levels among their students.

      Students live on the premises in the medressa (school) and meals are provided.  The scenery is spectacular.

      If anyone needs letters of support or more information, please let me know.

      Dianne