FW: [ANTHRO-L] Vacancy in New Zealand

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2003
      From: Anthro-L [mailto:Anthro-l@...] On Behalf Of Don
      Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2003 8:43 PM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject: [ANTHRO-L] Vacancy in New Zealand

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Vacancy in New Zealand
      Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:21:37 -0900
      From: ANKN Email Delivery <Delivery@...>
      To: ANKN Listserv <ANKN@...>

      Greetings from the Department of Geography at the University of Canterbury.

      We are at a very interesting stage of our life. We have a vacancy for a Lecturer in Geography and are keen to strengthen our teaching and research in environment and resource management in a way that supports our commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and our relationship with the Ngai Tahu tribe.

      We have identified this as a position which would suit someone who is familiar with Maori tikanga and the practice of kaitiakitanga, or who has had research, teaching or practical experience of working with First Nations in an equivalent context - for example Canada, Australia, Scandinavia or the United States. The post is open to Indigenous and non Indigenous applicants, from within New Zealand or from elsewhere in the world.

      Applications close mid February. A completed Ph D is needed in order to take up the position.

      Full details of this position (together with a second position in physical geography) can be found at http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/hr/vc/vcintro.htm under Academic Vacancies.

      I can relay a copy in plain text if that is simpler for you.

      You are one of those with a good awareness of the importance of this appointment for us in New Zealand and the type of teaching and research opportunity which it will involve for the person appointed. Can you help us by drawing this vacancy to the attention of friends, colleagues or doctoral students recently completed or about to complete? Alternatively you may like to let me have the name and e mail address of someone we might contact.

      With warm personal regards, Garth Cant.

      Dr Garth Cant,
      Department of Geography,
      University of Canterbury,
      Private Bag 4800,
      Christchurch,
      New Zealand.
      Home phone/fax (643) 3481 654.

      Please send your contributions for the ANKN Listserv to Sean.Topkok@... or Paula.Elmes@...

      This is a moderated listserv, so contributions can be only sent by Paula or Sean.Ê If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments, please email Sean or Paula Elmes: Paula.Elmes@....

      If you want to be removed from the ANKN Listserv or know of someone to be included, please contact Sean or Paula. ANKN website: http://www.ankn.uaf.edu ANKN Listserv Archives: http://www.ankn.uaf.edu/anknlistserv/

      // Unsubscribe/suspend (NOMAIL), INDEX or DIGEST modes... \\
      | http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=anthro-l&A=1 |
      \\ Archives: http://listserv.buffalo.edu/archives/anthro-l.html //