RE: [SACC-L] FW: [ANTHRO-L] Announcing Symposium on the Psycholog y of War

  • Rebecca Cramer
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2003
      It occurs to me that the first sentence of the symposium description
      indicates just how militarized our society has become, and that includes the
      academic areas as well. "War has shaped human history"? Perhaps, but so
      has science, e.g. flu, measle, and polio vaccines virtually remade
      populations wherever they were used; the industrial and agricultural
      revolutions were the greatest agents of change worldwide, and on and on.
      For sure this symposium sounds like a long-overdue event, but I'm thinking
      maybe we should also consider having one on the Psychology of Peace. Just a
      holiday ramble from a fellow SACCer. See you all in Montreal. Beca