RE: [SACC-L] One More Time, sorry about the repetition

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
      Message
      Thanks
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Mary L. Russell [mailto:MLRussel@...]
      Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 5:22 PM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [SACC-L] One More Time, sorry about the repetition

      No problem connecting.  Thanks for keeping the website going!
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
        Message
        Thanks
                Its working from my work computer.   I'll try from home later tonight.

      • anthropmor@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
          Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik
        • Phillip Naftaly
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
            Ann,
            It seems that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. As far as I can tell, I am taking the same action each time. Last night from home I used Explorer and Windows 2000 and got the CCanthro.org link from Google. Today from work using both Netsacape and Explorer, I got the same bad link from Google.

            >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/08/03 03:45PM >>>
            Thanks

            Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home
            later tonight.

            >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03
            02:11PM >>>
            This is important, too:

            I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble
            connecting to the
            SACC web page.

            PLEASE

            Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

            If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages
            for
            quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

            Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at
            this site:
            http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

            If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to
            let me
            know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe
            Navigator)
            and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you
            are
            using.

            If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't
            working for
            some folks, but have no other information, it's like the
            customer
            telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it
            doing?
            It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run
            right.....
            You get the idea.

            The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant
            problem
            and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of
            data.

            So, please, in the interests of serving our members and
            potential
            members and guests, help me check this out.

            Thanks a million!

            Ann

            Ann Popplestone

            CCC Metro TLC
            216-987-3584

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            click here
            <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12crda0p3/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=eg
            roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1070748280/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
            .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou
            pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=541119931>

            Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE
            THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
              Message
              thanks
              Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                Message
                What happens if you go to the site, store it in your favorites, then use that to connnect the next time?

                There seems to be an intemittant problem with the address resolution between various users and the bizland server.  The problem is that a file passes through probably 20-30 "hops" getting from here to there,  and the problem could be anywhere along the line.  Tracking it (or possibly them) down, especially since it/they is/are intermittant is going to be a challenge, to put it mildly.

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                  Ann,
                  Would it be possible to modify the content at our old website (ccanthro.org) to include a redirector that would tell people what our new site address is?

                  Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc
                  (NOTE
                  THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                  of

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  click here
                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3qplmc/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=eg
                  roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1071072696/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                  .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egrou
                  pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=135428531>

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                    Message
                    I did that for the first year after the change, but can set it up again.  The re-direction service is in, of all places, New Delhi.