RE: [SACC-L] One More Time, sorry about the repetition

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
      Message
      anthro.cc is a synonym for the bizland address.  There is evidently a problem with the Domain Name Resolution that changes English names into hexidecimal for the benefit of the computers.

      The problem is that it could be anywhere along the intervening "nodes"  and doesn't seem to be anywhere consistently.

      Thanks for your input
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
        Message
        Thanks
        No problem connecting.  Thanks for keeping the website going!

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
          Message
          Thanks
                  Its working from my work computer.   I'll try from home later tonight.

        • anthropmor@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
            Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik
          • Phillip Naftaly
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
              Ann,
              It seems that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. As far as I can tell, I am taking the same action each time. Last night from home I used Explorer and Windows 2000 and got the CCanthro.org link from Google. Today from work using both Netsacape and Explorer, I got the same bad link from Google.

              >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/08/03 03:45PM >>>
              Thanks

              Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home
              later tonight.

              >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03
              02:11PM >>>
              This is important, too:

              I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble
              connecting to the
              SACC web page.

              PLEASE

              Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

              If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages
              for
              quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

              Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at
              this site:
              http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

              If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to
              let me
              know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe
              Navigator)
              and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you
              are
              using.

              If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't
              working for
              some folks, but have no other information, it's like the
              customer
              telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it
              doing?
              It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run
              right.....
              You get the idea.

              The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant
              problem
              and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of
              data.

              So, please, in the interests of serving our members and
              potential
              members and guests, help me check this out.

              Thanks a million!

              Ann

              Ann Popplestone

              CCC Metro TLC
              216-987-3584

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              click here
              <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12crda0p3/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=eg
              roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1070748280/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
              .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou
              pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=541119931>

              Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE
              THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                Message
                thanks
                Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                  Message
                  What happens if you go to the site, store it in your favorites, then use that to connnect the next time?

                  There seems to be an intemittant problem with the address resolution between various users and the bizland server.  The problem is that a file passes through probably 20-30 "hops" getting from here to there,  and the problem could be anywhere along the line.  Tracking it (or possibly them) down, especially since it/they is/are intermittant is going to be a challenge, to put it mildly.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                    Ann,
                    Would it be possible to modify the content at our old website (ccanthro.org) to include a redirector that would tell people what our new site address is?

                    Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc
                    (NOTE
                    THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                    of

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                    click here
                    <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3qplmc/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=eg
                    roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1071072696/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                    .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                    <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egrou
                    pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=135428531>

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                      Message
                      I did that for the first year after the change, but can set it up again.  The re-direction service is in, of all places, New Delhi.