Re: [SACC-L] One More Time, sorry about the repetition

  • anthropmor@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 6, 2003
      I keep getting blocked when I go to that address. Mike Pavlik
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
        Message
        anthro.cc is a synonym for the bizland address.  There is evidently a problem with the Domain Name Resolution that changes English names into hexidecimal for the benefit of the computers.

        The problem is that it could be anywhere along the intervening "nodes"  and doesn't seem to be anywhere consistently.

        Thanks for your input
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
          Message
          Thanks
          No problem connecting.  Thanks for keeping the website going!

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
            Message
            Thanks
                    Its working from my work computer.   I'll try from home later tonight.

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
              Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik
            • Phillip Naftaly
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                Ann,
                It seems that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. As far as I can tell, I am taking the same action each time. Last night from home I used Explorer and Windows 2000 and got the CCanthro.org link from Google. Today from work using both Netsacape and Explorer, I got the same bad link from Google.

                >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/08/03 03:45PM >>>
                Thanks

                Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home
                later tonight.

                >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03
                02:11PM >>>
                This is important, too:

                I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble
                connecting to the
                SACC web page.

                PLEASE

                Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

                If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages
                for
                quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

                Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at
                this site:
                http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

                If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to
                let me
                know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe
                Navigator)
                and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you
                are
                using.

                If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't
                working for
                some folks, but have no other information, it's like the
                customer
                telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it
                doing?
                It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run
                right.....
                You get the idea.

                The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant
                problem
                and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of
                data.

                So, please, in the interests of serving our members and
                potential
                members and guests, help me check this out.

                Thanks a million!

                Ann

                Ann Popplestone

                CCC Metro TLC
                216-987-3584

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                click here
                <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12crda0p3/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=eg
                roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1070748280/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou
                pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=541119931>

                Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE
                THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                  Message
                  thanks
                  Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                    Message
                    What happens if you go to the site, store it in your favorites, then use that to connnect the next time?

                    There seems to be an intemittant problem with the address resolution between various users and the bizland server.  The problem is that a file passes through probably 20-30 "hops" getting from here to there,  and the problem could be anywhere along the line.  Tracking it (or possibly them) down, especially since it/they is/are intermittant is going to be a challenge, to put it mildly.

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                      Ann,
                      Would it be possible to modify the content at our old website (ccanthro.org) to include a redirector that would tell people what our new site address is?

                      Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc
                      (NOTE
                      THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                      of

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      click here
                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3qplmc/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=eg
                      roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1071072696/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                      .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egrou
                      pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=135428531>

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                        Message
                        I did that for the first year after the change, but can set it up again.  The re-direction service is in, of all places, New Delhi.