Re: [SACC-L] One More Time, sorry about the repetition

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
      I couldn't connect through your link, but I can through my bookmark which reads cc.anthrobizland.com.
      Lloyd

      "Popplestone, Ann" wrote:

      This is important, too:

      I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the SACC web page.

      PLEASE

      Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

      If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

      Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:  http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

      If you still cannot get to the page,  PLEASE take the time to let me know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)   and what operating system (probably some form of Windows)  you are using.

      If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right.   What's it doing?  It doesn't run right.  Is it making noise?  It doesn't run rightÂ…..   You get the idea.

      The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant problem  and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of data.

      So, please, in the interests of serving our members and potential members and guests, help me check this out.

      Thanks a million!

      Ann

      Ann Popplestone

      CCC Metro TLC

    • anthropmor@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 6, 2003
        I keep getting blocked when I go to that address. Mike Pavlik
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
          Message
          anthro.cc is a synonym for the bizland address.  There is evidently a problem with the Domain Name Resolution that changes English names into hexidecimal for the benefit of the computers.

          The problem is that it could be anywhere along the intervening "nodes"  and doesn't seem to be anywhere consistently.

          Thanks for your input

          "Popplestone, Ann" wrote:

          This is important, too:

          I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the SACC web page.

          PLEASE

          Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

          If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

          Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:  http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

          If you still cannot get to the page,  PLEASE take the time to let me know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)   and what operating system (probably some form of Windows)  you are using.

          If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right.   What's it doing?  It doesn't run right.  Is it making noise?  It doesn't run right…..   You get the idea.

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
            Message
            Thanks
            No problem connecting.  Thanks for keeping the website going!

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
              Message
              Thanks
                      Its working from my work computer.   I'll try from home later tonight.

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik
              • Phillip Naftaly
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                  Ann,
                  It seems that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. As far as I can tell, I am taking the same action each time. Last night from home I used Explorer and Windows 2000 and got the CCanthro.org link from Google. Today from work using both Netsacape and Explorer, I got the same bad link from Google.

                  >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/08/03 03:45PM >>>
                  Thanks

                  Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home
                  later tonight.

                  >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03
                  02:11PM >>>
                  This is important, too:

                  I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble
                  connecting to the
                  SACC web page.

                  PLEASE

                  Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

                  If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages
                  for
                  quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

                  Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at
                  this site:
                  http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

                  If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to
                  let me
                  know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe
                  Navigator)
                  and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you
                  are
                  using.

                  If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't
                  working for
                  some folks, but have no other information, it's like the
                  customer
                  telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it
                  doing?
                  It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run
                  right.....
                  You get the idea.

                  The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant
                  problem
                  and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of
                  data.

                  So, please, in the interests of serving our members and
                  potential
                  members and guests, help me check this out.

                  Thanks a million!

                  Ann

                  Ann Popplestone

                  CCC Metro TLC
                  216-987-3584

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                  click here
                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12crda0p3/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=eg
                  roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1070748280/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                  .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou
                  pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=541119931>

                  Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE
                  THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                    Message
                    thanks
                    Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                      Message
                      What happens if you go to the site, store it in your favorites, then use that to connnect the next time?

                      There seems to be an intemittant problem with the address resolution between various users and the bizland server.  The problem is that a file passes through probably 20-30 "hops" getting from here to there,  and the problem could be anywhere along the line.  Tracking it (or possibly them) down, especially since it/they is/are intermittant is going to be a challenge, to put it mildly.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                        Ann,
                        Would it be possible to modify the content at our old website (ccanthro.org) to include a redirector that would tell people what our new site address is?

                        Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc
                        (NOTE
                        THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                        of

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        click here
                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3qplmc/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=eg
                        roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1071072696/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                        .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egrou
                        pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=135428531>

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                          Message
                          I did that for the first year after the change, but can set it up again.  The re-direction service is in, of all places, New Delhi.