Re: [SACC-L] One More Time, sorry about the repetition

  • Phillip Naftaly
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
      Ann,
      Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home later tonight.

      >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03 02:11PM >>>
      This is important, too:

      I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the
      SACC web page.

      PLEASE

      Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

      If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for
      quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

      Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:
      http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

      If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to let me
      know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)
      and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you are
      using.

      If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for
      some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer
      telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it doing?
      It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run right.....
      You get the idea.

      The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant problem
      and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of data.

      So, please, in the interests of serving our members and potential
      members and guests, help me check this out.

      Thanks a million!

      Ann

      Ann Popplestone

      CCC Metro TLC
      216-987-3584
    • Mary L. Russell
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
        One More Time, sorry about the repetition
        No problem connecting.  Thanks for keeping the website going!

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
          I couldn't connect through your link, but I can through my bookmark which reads cc.anthrobizland.com.
          Lloyd

          "Popplestone, Ann" wrote:

          This is important, too:

          I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the SACC web page.

          PLEASE

          Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

          If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

          Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:  http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

          If you still cannot get to the page,  PLEASE take the time to let me know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)   and what operating system (probably some form of Windows)  you are using.

          If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right.   What's it doing?  It doesn't run right.  Is it making noise?  It doesn't run rightÂ…..   You get the idea.

        • anthropmor@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 6, 2003
            I keep getting blocked when I go to that address. Mike Pavlik
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
              Message
              anthro.cc is a synonym for the bizland address.  There is evidently a problem with the Domain Name Resolution that changes English names into hexidecimal for the benefit of the computers.

              The problem is that it could be anywhere along the intervening "nodes"  and doesn't seem to be anywhere consistently.

              Thanks for your input

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                Message
                Thanks

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                  Message
                  Thanks

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                    Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik
                  • Phillip Naftaly
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                      Ann,
                      It seems that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. As far as I can tell, I am taking the same action each time. Last night from home I used Explorer and Windows 2000 and got the CCanthro.org link from Google. Today from work using both Netsacape and Explorer, I got the same bad link from Google.

                      >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/08/03 03:45PM >>>
                      Thanks

                      Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home
                      later tonight.

                      >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03
                      02:11PM >>>
                      This is important, too:

                      I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble
                      connecting to the
                      SACC web page.

                      PLEASE

                      Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

                      If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages
                      for
                      quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

                      Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at
                      this site:
                      http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

                      If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to
                      let me
                      know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe
                      Navigator)
                      and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you
                      are
                      using.

                      If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't
                      working for
                      some folks, but have no other information, it's like the
                      customer
                      telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it
                      doing?
                      It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run
                      right.....
                      You get the idea.

                      The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant
                      problem
                      and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of
                      data.

                      So, please, in the interests of serving our members and
                      potential
                      members and guests, help me check this out.

                      Thanks a million!

                      Ann

                      Ann Popplestone

                      CCC Metro TLC
                      216-987-3584

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      click here
                      <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12crda0p3/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=eg
                      roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1070748280/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                      .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

                      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou
                      pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=541119931>

                      Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE
                      THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                        Message
                        thanks
                        Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                          Message
                          What happens if you go to the site, store it in your favorites, then use that to connnect the next time?

                          There seems to be an intemittant problem with the address resolution between various users and the bizland server.  The problem is that a file passes through probably 20-30 "hops" getting from here to there,  and the problem could be anywhere along the line.  Tracking it (or possibly them) down, especially since it/they is/are intermittant is going to be a challenge, to put it mildly.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                            Ann,
                            Would it be possible to modify the content at our old website (ccanthro.org) to include a redirector that would tell people what our new site address is?

                            Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc
                            (NOTE
                            THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                            of

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                            click here
                            <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3qplmc/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=eg
                            roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1071072696/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                            .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egrou
                            pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=135428531>

                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                              Message
                              I did that for the first year after the change, but can set it up again.  The re-direction service is in, of all places, New Delhi.