RE: [SACC-L] One More Time, sorry about the repetition

  • Rebecca Cramer
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
      so did i

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Ann Kaupp [mailto:Kaupp.Ann@...]
      Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 1:16 PM
      To: SACC-L@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SACC-L] One More Time, sorry about the repetition

      I connected.

      >>> ann.popplestone@... 12/05/03 02:11PM >>>
      This is important, too:

      I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the
      SACC web page.

      PLEASE

      Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

      If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for
      quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

      Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:
      http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

      If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to let me
      know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)
      and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you are
      using.

      If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for
      some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer
      telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it doing?
      It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run right.....
      You get the idea.

      The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant problem
      and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of data.

      So, please, in the interests of serving our members and potential
      members and guests, help me check this out.

      Thanks a million!

      Ann

      Ann Popplestone

      CCC Metro TLC

    • Phillip Naftaly
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
        Ann,
        Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home later tonight.

        >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03 02:11PM >>>
        This is important, too:

        I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the
        SACC web page.

        PLEASE

        Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

        If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for
        quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

        Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:
        http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

        If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to let me
        know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)
        and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you are
        using.

        If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for
        some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer
        telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it doing?
        It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run right.....
        You get the idea.

        The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant problem
        and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of data.

        So, please, in the interests of serving our members and potential
        members and guests, help me check this out.

        Thanks a million!

        Ann

        Ann Popplestone

        CCC Metro TLC
        216-987-3584
      • Mary L. Russell
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
          One More Time, sorry about the repetition
          No problem connecting.  Thanks for keeping the website going!

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
            I couldn't connect through your link, but I can through my bookmark which reads cc.anthrobizland.com.
            Lloyd

            "Popplestone, Ann" wrote:

            This is important, too:

            I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the SACC web page.

            PLEASE

            Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

            If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

            Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:  http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

            If you still cannot get to the page,  PLEASE take the time to let me know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)   and what operating system (probably some form of Windows)  you are using.

            If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right.   What's it doing?  It doesn't run right.  Is it making noise?  It doesn't run rightÂ…..   You get the idea.

          • anthropmor@AOL.COM
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 6, 2003
              I keep getting blocked when I go to that address. Mike Pavlik
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                Message
                anthro.cc is a synonym for the bizland address.  There is evidently a problem with the Domain Name Resolution that changes English names into hexidecimal for the benefit of the computers.

                The problem is that it could be anywhere along the intervening "nodes"  and doesn't seem to be anywhere consistently.

                Thanks for your input

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                  Message
                  Thanks

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                    Message
                    Thanks

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                      Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik
                    • Phillip Naftaly
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                        Ann,
                        It seems that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. As far as I can tell, I am taking the same action each time. Last night from home I used Explorer and Windows 2000 and got the CCanthro.org link from Google. Today from work using both Netsacape and Explorer, I got the same bad link from Google.

                        >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/08/03 03:45PM >>>
                        Thanks

                        Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home
                        later tonight.

                        >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03
                        02:11PM >>>
                        This is important, too:

                        I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble
                        connecting to the
                        SACC web page.

                        PLEASE

                        Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

                        If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages
                        for
                        quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

                        Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at
                        this site:
                        http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

                        If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to
                        let me
                        know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe
                        Navigator)
                        and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you
                        are
                        using.

                        If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't
                        working for
                        some folks, but have no other information, it's like the
                        customer
                        telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it
                        doing?
                        It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run
                        right.....
                        You get the idea.

                        The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant
                        problem
                        and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of
                        data.

                        So, please, in the interests of serving our members and
                        potential
                        members and guests, help me check this out.

                        Thanks a million!

                        Ann

                        Ann Popplestone

                        CCC Metro TLC
                        216-987-3584

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        click here
                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12crda0p3/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=eg
                        roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1070748280/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                        .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

                        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou
                        pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=541119931>

                        Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE
                        THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                          Message
                          thanks
                          Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                            Message
                            What happens if you go to the site, store it in your favorites, then use that to connnect the next time?

                            There seems to be an intemittant problem with the address resolution between various users and the bizland server.  The problem is that a file passes through probably 20-30 "hops" getting from here to there,  and the problem could be anywhere along the line.  Tracking it (or possibly them) down, especially since it/they is/are intermittant is going to be a challenge, to put it mildly.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                              Ann,
                              Would it be possible to modify the content at our old website (ccanthro.org) to include a redirector that would tell people what our new site address is?

                              Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc
                              (NOTE
                              THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                              of

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                              click here
                              <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3qplmc/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=eg
                              roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1071072696/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                              .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egrou
                              pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=135428531>

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                                Message
                                I did that for the first year after the change, but can set it up again.  The re-direction service is in, of all places, New Delhi.