Re: [SACC-L] One More Time, sorry about the repetition

  • Ann Kaupp
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
      I connected.

      >>> ann.popplestone@... 12/05/03 02:11PM >>>
      This is important, too:

      I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the
      SACC web page.

      PLEASE

      Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

      If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for
      quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

      Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:
      http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

      If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to let me
      know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)
      and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you are
      using.

      If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for
      some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer
      telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it doing?
      It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run right.....
      You get the idea.

      The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant problem
      and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of data.

      So, please, in the interests of serving our members and potential
      members and guests, help me check this out.

      Thanks a million!

      Ann

      Ann Popplestone

      CCC Metro TLC
      216-987-3584
    • Rebecca Cramer

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
          Ann,
          Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home later tonight.

          >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03 02:11PM >>>
          This is important, too:

          I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the
          SACC web page.

          PLEASE

          Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

          If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for
          quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

          Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:
          http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

          If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to let me
          know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)
          and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you are
          using.

          If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for
          some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer
          telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it doing?
          It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run right.....
          You get the idea.

          The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant problem
          and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of data.

          So, please, in the interests of serving our members and potential
          members and guests, help me check this out.

          Thanks a million!

          Ann

          Ann Popplestone

          CCC Metro TLC
          216-987-3584
        • Mary L. Russell

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
              I couldn't connect through your link, but I can through my bookmark which reads cc.anthrobizland.com.
              Lloyd

              "Popplestone, Ann" wrote:

              This is important, too:

              I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the SACC web page.

              PLEASE

              Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

              If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

              Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:  http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

              If you still cannot get to the page,  PLEASE take the time to let me know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)   and what operating system (probably some form of Windows)  you are using.

              If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right.   What's it doing?  It doesn't run right.  Is it making noise?  It doesn't run rightÂ…..   You get the idea.

            • anthropmor@AOL.COM
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 6, 2003
                I keep getting blocked when I go to that address. Mike Pavlik
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                  Message
                  anthro.cc is a synonym for the bizland address.  There is evidently a problem with the Domain Name Resolution that changes English names into hexidecimal for the benefit of the computers.

                  The problem is that it could be anywhere along the intervening "nodes"  and doesn't seem to be anywhere consistently.

                  Thanks for your input

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                    Message
                    Thanks

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                      Message
                      Thanks

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                        Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik
                      • Phillip Naftaly
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                          Ann,
                          It seems that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. As far as I can tell, I am taking the same action each time. Last night from home I used Explorer and Windows 2000 and got the CCanthro.org link from Google. Today from work using both Netsacape and Explorer, I got the same bad link from Google.

                          >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/08/03 03:45PM >>>
                          Thanks

                          Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home
                          later tonight.

                          >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03
                          02:11PM >>>
                          This is important, too:

                          I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble
                          connecting to the
                          SACC web page.

                          PLEASE

                          Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

                          If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages
                          for
                          quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

                          Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at
                          this site:
                          http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

                          If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to
                          let me
                          know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe
                          Navigator)
                          and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you
                          are
                          using.

                          If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't
                          working for
                          some folks, but have no other information, it's like the
                          customer
                          telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it
                          doing?
                          It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run
                          right.....
                          You get the idea.

                          The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant
                          problem
                          and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of
                          data.

                          So, please, in the interests of serving our members and
                          potential
                          members and guests, help me check this out.

                          Thanks a million!

                          Ann

                          Ann Popplestone

                          CCC Metro TLC
                          216-987-3584

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                          click here
                          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12crda0p3/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=eg
                          roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1070748280/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                          .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

                          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou
                          pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=541119931>

                          Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE
                          THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                            Message
                            thanks
                            Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik

                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                              Message
                              What happens if you go to the site, store it in your favorites, then use that to connnect the next time?

                              There seems to be an intemittant problem with the address resolution between various users and the bizland server.  The problem is that a file passes through probably 20-30 "hops" getting from here to there,  and the problem could be anywhere along the line.  Tracking it (or possibly them) down, especially since it/they is/are intermittant is going to be a challenge, to put it mildly.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                                Ann,
                                Would it be possible to modify the content at our old website (ccanthro.org) to include a redirector that would tell people what our new site address is?

                                Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc
                                (NOTE
                                THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                                of

                                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                click here
                                <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3qplmc/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=eg
                                roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1071072696/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                                .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                                <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egrou
                                pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=135428531>

                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                                  Message
                                  I did that for the first year after the change, but can set it up again.  The re-direction service is in, of all places, New Delhi.