One More Time, sorry about the repetition

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
      One More Time, sorry about the repetition

      This is important, too:

      I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the SACC web page.

      PLEASE

      Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

      If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

      Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:  http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

      If you still cannot get to the page,  PLEASE take the time to let me know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)   and what operating system (probably some form of Windows)  you are using.

      If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right.   What's it doing?  It doesn't run right.  Is it making noise?  It doesn't run right…..   You get the idea.

      The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant problem  and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of data.

      So, please, in the interests of serving our members and potential members and guests, help me check this out.

      Thanks a million!

      Ann

      Ann Popplestone

      CCC Metro TLC
      216-987-3584

    • Ann Kaupp

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
          so did i

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
            Ann,
            Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home later tonight.

            >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03 02:11PM >>>
            This is important, too:

            I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the
            SACC web page.

            PLEASE

            Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

            If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for
            quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

            Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:
            http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

            If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to let me
            know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)
            and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you are
            using.

            If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for
            some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer
            telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it doing?
            It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run right.....
            You get the idea.

            The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant problem
            and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of data.

            So, please, in the interests of serving our members and potential
            members and guests, help me check this out.

            Thanks a million!

            Ann

            Ann Popplestone

            CCC Metro TLC
            216-987-3584
          • Mary L. Russell
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
              One More Time, sorry about the repetition
              No problem connecting.  Thanks for keeping the website going!

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 5, 2003
                I couldn't connect through your link, but I can through my bookmark which reads cc.anthrobizland.com.
                Lloyd

                "Popplestone, Ann" wrote:

                This is important, too:

                I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble connecting to the SACC web page.

                PLEASE

                Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

                If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages for quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

                Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at this site:  http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

                If you still cannot get to the page,  PLEASE take the time to let me know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe Navigator)   and what operating system (probably some form of Windows)  you are using.

                If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't working for some folks, but have no other information, it's like the customer telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right.   What's it doing?  It doesn't run right.  Is it making noise?  It doesn't run rightÂ…..   You get the idea.

              • anthropmor@AOL.COM
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 6, 2003
                  I keep getting blocked when I go to that address. Mike Pavlik
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                    Message
                    anthro.cc is a synonym for the bizland address.  There is evidently a problem with the Domain Name Resolution that changes English names into hexidecimal for the benefit of the computers.

                    The problem is that it could be anywhere along the intervening "nodes"  and doesn't seem to be anywhere consistently.

                    Thanks for your input

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                      Message
                      Thanks

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                        Message
                        Thanks

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 8, 2003
                          Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik
                        • Phillip Naftaly
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                            Ann,
                            It seems that sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. As far as I can tell, I am taking the same action each time. Last night from home I used Explorer and Windows 2000 and got the CCanthro.org link from Google. Today from work using both Netsacape and Explorer, I got the same bad link from Google.

                            >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/08/03 03:45PM >>>
                            Thanks

                            Its working from my work computer. I'll try from home
                            later tonight.

                            >>> "Popplestone, Ann" <ann.popplestone@...> 12/05/03
                            02:11PM >>>
                            This is important, too:

                            I still need to know if anyone is still having trouble
                            connecting to the
                            SACC web page.

                            PLEASE

                            Try to connect to www.anthro.cc

                            If you cannot, try clearing your browser's cache (it keeps pages
                            for
                            quick retrieval and may be re-displaying an old copy).

                            Instructions on how to do this for the major browsers are at
                            this site:
                            http://www.chami.com/tips/internet/021198I.html

                            If you still cannot get to the page, PLEASE take the time to
                            let me
                            know what browser (probably Internet Explorer or Netsacpe
                            Navigator)
                            and what operating system (probably some form of Windows) you
                            are
                            using.

                            If I go to the hosting service and say that the site isn't
                            working for
                            some folks, but have no other information, it's like the
                            customer
                            telling the mechanic that the car doesn't run right. What's it
                            doing?
                            It doesn't run right. Is it making noise? It doesn't run
                            right.....
                            You get the idea.

                            The bane of any trouble-shooters existenmce is the intermittant
                            problem
                            and the only way to solve them is with the maximum amount of
                            data.

                            So, please, in the interests of serving our members and
                            potential
                            members and guests, help me check this out.

                            Thanks a million!

                            Ann

                            Ann Popplestone

                            CCC Metro TLC
                            216-987-3584

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                            click here
                            <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12crda0p3/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=eg
                            roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1070748280/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                            .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719>

                            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egrou
                            pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=541119931>

                            Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc (NOTE
                            THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                              Message
                              thanks
                              Hey- No blocking! I got in fine this time. Mike Pavlik

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                                Message
                                What happens if you go to the site, store it in your favorites, then use that to connnect the next time?

                                There seems to be an intemittant problem with the address resolution between various users and the bizland server.  The problem is that a file passes through probably 20-30 "hops" getting from here to there,  and the problem could be anywhere along the line.  Tracking it (or possibly them) down, especially since it/they is/are intermittant is going to be a challenge, to put it mildly.

                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                                  Ann,
                                  Would it be possible to modify the content at our old website (ccanthro.org) to include a redirector that would tell people what our new site address is?

                                  Be sure to check out the SACC web page at www.anthro.cc
                                  (NOTE
                                  THE NEW ADDRESS!!) for meeting materials, newsletters, etc.

                                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms
                                  of

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                  click here
                                  <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c3qplmc/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=eg
                                  roupweb/S=1705079605:HM/EXP=1071072696/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix
                                  .com/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730>

                                  <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egrou
                                  pmail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=135428531>

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 9, 2003
                                    Message
                                    I did that for the first year after the change, but can set it up again.  The re-direction service is in, of all places, New Delhi.