Nomination coalition

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 1999
      Dear SACC leadership and membership,
      Please read the attached document carefully. It is time for us to
      get involved in the AAA year 2000 elections. The more that SACC members
      serve in AAA leadership positions, the greater the impact that we will
      have in our discipline, and the more our interests and concerns will be
      represented in the broader AAA.
      Please nominate yourself or someone else to run for one of the open
      positions listed in the document. There is no reason not to nominate
      yourself to run! Send me all names as soon as possible so that I can
      communicate this information to Janis Hutchinson and the coalition she
      has organized. All nominations should be accompanied by a letter (s) of
      support and resume.
      For the past year, as a section President, I have served on the Exec
      Board of the AAA. I have tried as much as possible to make sure that
      the interests and concerns of SACC and small departments of Anthropology
      have been represented in our deliberations. I would like to continue to
      serve on the AAA Exec Board, and therefore would like to run for one of
      the open three-year undesignated seats. If any of you feel that it
      would be appropriate to send a letter or e-mail of support for me, I
      would appreciate it. Thanks for your consideration.
      Barry