RE: [SACC-L] Call for Papers - SACC Conference April 2004

  • Diane Levine
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
      I hear everything is doing well. I have suppressed the urge to call you because I know you've got a lot on your mind and hands (ie pumping and everything). But your mother and father are keeping me up to date.
      Heidi is status quo. Still having occasional contractions, still 1 cm dilated, but nothing else. She actually went back to work for 3 days this week.
      Regarding the SACC conference. I was going propose to do a shortened version of a talk I did at a Campus Conversations a couple of years ago -- Reel Teachers: the portrayal of teachers in the media. The shortened version is Reel Anthropology Teachers. (Most teachers portrayed in the media are English teachers because most screen writers were English majors.)
      However, this would definitely require a VCR and monitor.
      Your father said that the issue was financial and suggested that if enough people wanted to use VCR and monitor for their presentation, that SACC might be willing to spend the money for it. Is this so?