Word of caution

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2003
      Word of caution

      I've gotten a string of e-mails  from the Yahoogroups   owners list that had various messages and an attachment that I was told to open.

      I am certain that these are actually viruses.

      Since the yahoo server is infected, the sacc-l list could also start receiving infected messages.   Delete any messages with attachments unless you know the source.  Then empty your deleted items folder.

      If you do know the sender, their machine might have been hijacked.   Save the attachment, update your virus definitions, and scan the attchment before opening it.

      Please feel free to share documents, but it would probably be best to not send attchments, but rather paste the text directly into your e-mail.

      Take care!

      Always practice safe computing!

      Ann Popplestone

      CCC Metro TLC