FW: [ANTHRO-L] FYI: UBCIC RESEARCH JOB OPPORTUNITY
Message-----Original Message-----UBCIC will accept applications up to April 4. Please pass this posting on to those who may be interested.
From: Don [mailto:dbain@...]
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 1:40 PM
Subject: [ANTHRO-L] FYI: UBCIC RESEARCH JOB OPPORTUNITY
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: FYI: UBCIC RESEARCH JOB OPPORTUNITY Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:01:13 -0800 From: UBCIC Press Release List <jpc1@...> Organization: Union of BC Indian Chiefs
FOR YOUR INFORMATION
Please pass this on or post.
500342 Water Street
JOB OPPORTUNITY UBCIC, VANCOUVER OFFICE
UBCIC Research has an opening for a full-time permanent experienced Researcher. Reporting directly to the Senior Researcher and Research Director this position will focus on archival research, document analysis and the production of detailed historical reports related to specific claims. The successful candidate will also be expected to assist in UBCIC Research initiatives involving research education, support and outreach to the BC Aboriginal research community. Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
· The identification and copying of potentially relevant documents and maps from public and private archives, government offices and university libraries
· Document analysis
· Assist in preparation and submission of draft written research reports and memoranda summarizing documentation and setting out research findings
· Undertaking other research and administrative tasks as may be required
· Providing advice and reference services to community-based researchers
· Assisting with workshops and conferences
· Maintaining and updating department database
· Providing orientations to the UBCIC Resource Centre for visiting community-based researchers
· Bachelors degree or higher in relevant fields or equivalent experience
· Excellent analytical skills and previous archival research experience
· Superior writing and editing skills
· Proficient computer skills including internet skills
· Strong comprehension of Specific Claims research policy a must
· Practical experience with specific claims research procedures is an asset
· Strong knowledge of the vision and goals of the Union of BC Indian Chiefs
Salary range is $32,000 to $35,000 per annum, depending upon experience. Please send a cover letter, resume, references and samples of writing to the attention of the Research Director. We thank all candidates for their interest and regret that only those candidates who are short listed for interviews will be contacted. Closing date for applications is Friday, April 4, 2003.
500-342 WATER STREET VANCOUVER, BC V6B 1B6
FAX: (604) 684-5726
Email: research@... Web: http://www.ubcic.bc.ca
Established in 1969, the Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs is a political organization protecting the Aboriginal Title and Rights of our member communities. We are based in Kamloops and have an office in Vancouver. For further details visit our website at http://www.ubcic.bc.ca.
You are subscribed to the UBCIC Media List, to unsubscribe click mailto:jpc1@...?subject=unsubscribe. // Unsubscribe/suspend (NOMAIL), INDEX or DIGEST modes... \\ | http://listserv.acsu.buffalo.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=anthro-l&A=1 | \\ Archives: http://listserv.buffalo.edu/archives/anthro-l.html //