conference reminder

  • Robert Muckle
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2003
      Don't forget Monday March 3rd is the deadline for SACC meeting
      pre-registration (at a reduced rate) and the deadline for booking a
      hotel room at special rate of $99/night (Canadian). The last time I
      checked (on Tuesday or Wednesday) most of the rooms set aside for SACC
      attendees
      had already been booked, so if you haven't booked yet, do it now.

      For the Thursday evening reception, we have now booked Celso Machado.
      Celso is a virtuoso guitarist, percussionist, and
      multi-instrumentalist, whose music has been described as 'rooted in the
      percussive rhythms, harmonies and spirit of Brazil, it also reflects his
      incurable fascination with other world music.'

      We have a wonderful array of presentations planned, including those
      focussing on teaching, outreach, technology, and indigenous peoples.

      Don't hesitate to email me if you have any questions.

      Bob Muckle