FW: [ANTHRO-L] announcement of a new grad program

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2003
      From: Jon McGee [mailto:rm08@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 10:40 AM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject: [ANTHRO-L] announcement of a new grad program

      I'm pleased to announce a new MA program in anthropology has been
      approved for our department at Southwest Texas State University. Our
      department has two physical anthropologists, three cultural
      anthropologists, three archaeologists, and an iconographer. Research
      areas of faculty members include the ethnographic and archaeological
      research in Mesoamerica, cultural resource management, Old World
      archaeology, African ethnography, iconography, primatology,
      bioarchaeology, and forensic anthropology. The department houses the
      Center for Archaeological Studies involved in CRM projects throughout
      Texas. Our undergraduate program currently has over 200 majors and an
      additional 100+ minors.

      SWT is located half-way between Austin and San Antonio in the Texas hill
      country. The university enrollment is just over 25,000 and growing.

      I would appreciate if you would share news of our graduate program with
      your qualified undergraduate students interested in graduate training.
      We have partial funding for students through the department and other
      scholarships/fellowships are available through the graduate school. All
      students who receive scholarships of at least $1000. qualify for
      in-state tuition.

      For more information, please have your students contact the Deptartment
      Chair, David Glassman, or Kent Reilly (our graduate advisor)
      <fr04@...> or they can be directed to our webpage at

      Thanks, Jon McGee