Vancouver meetings

  • Robert Muckle
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2003
      For those of you looking for something extra to do in Vancouver for the
      2003 SACC meetings in April....

      Bruce Springsteen has a concert scheduled for Friday night (April
      11th).
      Tickets go on sale through the internet tommorrow (January 24th). I
      don't know if you can get them through ticketmaster in the US. If not,
      go to the Canadian version (ticketmaster.ca). The venue is about a 10-15
      minute taxi ride away.

      The Vancouver Sun Run is Sunday morning, April 12th. It is the second
      largest community run in the world or North America or something like
      that. They are expecting about 45,000 registrants this year. It is a 10
      km (6 mile run) through and around downtown Vancouver. If you are
      interested, check out the web site (www.sunrun.com).

      The Vancouver Canucks will likely be playing some playoff hockey, but
      the only way you will score some tickets to that is if you are willing
      to pay scalpers a jillion dollars.

      For those with a few days to spare, consider a trip to Victoria on
      Vancouver Island or to Whistler. Victoria takes a few hours to get to by
      vehicle and ferry. Whistler is about 90 mintues away by car. It is one
      of the top ski mountains in the world and there are many, many places to
      spend money and eat in expensive restaurants.

      Don't forget the deadline for presentation proposals is February 14th
      and the deadline for meeting pre-registration is March 3rd.

      Bob Muckle
    • Rebecca Cramer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2003
        Hi Bob,
        Getting ready to make arrangements for the conference. E mailed the hotel
        about a reservation. Hoping to hear back soon. Will come in on Wed. the
        9th, hopefully in time for the board meeting. Hope to stay on a couple of
        days after the conference.
        Reread your earlier, very informative, message about Victoria. Is there
        transport from our hotel to Victoria? Should I make a reservation at a
        hotel in Victoria before i come, or can that be done there when I arrive?
        Do you have hotel names/contacts in Victoria that i should check? Should I
        coach to Victoria, then rent a car to see the sights outside the city? Can
        that be done at whatever hotel I stay at, then and there, or should I do
        that in advance? So many questions. Hope they don't plague you.
        Best,
        Beca

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 24, 2003
          Hey Bob,