New Orleans hotels

  • Bob Muckle
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2002
      Hello All:

      For those going to New Orleans AAA meetings, you may be
      interested to know that the program and hotel info is now on the
      AAA web site. A single room at the conference hotel is $156. A
      double is $174. One of the other recommended hotels is the La
      Quinta Inn and Suites Downtown. The listed price for a single or
      double is $105. I looked at Expedia and saw that at the La Quinta
      the fourth night is free, which makes it quite attractive if you are
      planning on staying Wed thru Sunday. I already booked.

      Bob Muckle
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2002
        Bob, funding at my college is even worse than last year...I am going to try and share room cost, so I am going to give you the first opportunity for refusal-but let me down gently if you must, and soon, so I can seek other shelter.

        For those going to New Orleans AAA meetings, you may be
        interested to know that the program and hotel info is now on the
        AAA web site. A single room at the conference hotel is $156. A
        double is $174. One of the other recommended hotels is the La
        Quinta Inn and Suites Downtown. The listed price for a single or
        double is $105. I looked at Expedia and saw that at the La Quinta
        the fourth night is free, which makes it quite attractive if you are
        planning on staying Wed thru Sunday. I already booked.

        Bob Muckle

        4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/1MXolB/TM
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 24, 2002
          As of today, La Quinta is booked. The Hampton Inn still has rooms (Auto
          Club rate $98/night/single). The Hampton is (according to mapquest) about
          .2 miles from the Hyatt.

          Hampton Inn 1-504-529-9990

          Dianne
        • Phil & Carol Stein
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 24, 2002
            We found the Sleep Inn on Travelocity, 6 blocks away. Besides the exercise from walking to the meeting, it is $69 a night, $75
            on weekends. I don't know if rooms at this rate are still available.

            Phil

          • LAWolfe@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 24, 2002
              I booked a room at the Queen and Crescent Hotel...which looks like a cute
              boutique hotel that's just a couple of blocks from the Hyatt. Here's the
              website:

              http://www.queenandcrescenthotel.com/popup.html

              Through the Hotel Reservation Network 1-866-260-3618 I got a discounted rate
              of $79 for Wed. $85 for Thurs. and $109 for Fri. and Sat.

              Does anyone know if SACC is reimbursing members who are giving papers in New
              Orleans???

              Leanna

              Also if you're willing to fly Southwest these are the internet special to New
              Orleans this week:

              New Orleans, LA
              $39 one-way, to/from Birmingham, AL
              $57 one-way, to/from Houston Hobby, TX