FW: FUNDING AND PRIVATE RESOURCES FOR WOMEN AND GENDER STUDIES

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 1999
      From: marsha chuk [SMTP:chukm@...]
      <mailto:[SMTP:chukm@...]>
      Sent: Sunday, July 04, 1999 12:18 PM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      <mailto:ANTHRO-L@...>
      Subject: FUNDING AND PRIVATE RESOURCES FOR WOMEN AND GENDER STUDIES
      Date sent: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:11:25 +0200
      From: Wise Secretariat <wise.secretariat@...
      <mailto:wise.secretariat@...> >
      Subject: Press Release 22 June 1999: New WISE publication

      Today at the General Assembly Meeting in Troms� WISE-coordinator Margit van
      der Steen presented a new WISE publication to WISE board member and
      conference organizer Gerd Bjorh�vde:
      FUNDING AND PRIVATE RESOURCES FOR WOMEN AND GENDER STUDIES AUTHOR :
      MARGREET VAN MUIJLWIJK
      92 PAGES
      16 EURO, FREE FOR WISE MEMBERS
      Funds are vital for the further development of gender studies and other
      feminist activities. It is therefore with great pleasure that we offer you
      this new WISE booklet. In order to support and empower her members, WISE has
      extended its membership services and provides guides to fund raising. Our
      first brochure in this series dealt with the European Union, this one
      concentrates on private sources of funding.
      Our new WISE publication makes clear that fund raising is a professional
      activity requiring more than just a few spare hours of a scholar's time. We
      therefore considered it inappropriate to restrict our information to a brief
      overview of a number of potentially interesting organisations. As addresses
      are for ever changing, a networking directory is in danger of being out of
      date the moment it is published. We opted, therefore, to include instead
      chapters on how to develop grant-seeking skills, how to build strategies for
      exploring sources which could meet your needs. Practical details are given
      concerning definitions and budgets, and back-ground information includes an
      overview of the development of the funding movement. Finally, we have
      recorded the stories of a number of women who have managed to obtain grants.
      In this way, we hope to give you the tools to find your own way through the
      world of private resources.
      The publication can be ordered at:
      WISE International Secretariat
      Heidelberglaan 2
      3584 CS Utrecht, The Netherlands
      Tel. +31 (0)30 2531881
      Fax +31 (0)30 2531277
      Email: wise.secretariat@... <mailto:wise.secretariat@...>
      Website: women-www.uia.ac.be/women/wise

      Annette Geelink
      WISE International Secretariat
      Postal address: Heidelberglaan 2, 3584 CS Utrecht, The Netherlands
      Phone: +31 30 2531881 - Fax: +31 30 2531277
      Email: wise.secretariat@... <mailto:wise.secretariat@...>
      Http://women-www.uia.ac.be/women/wise

      <mailto:LISTSERV@...> . <<<<<<