FW: ASDP Workshop announcement

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2002
      FW: ASDP Workshop announcement

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Becker, Sawa [mailto:Sawa_Becker@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 6:43 PM
      To: Popplestone, Ann
      Subject: FW: ASDP Workshop announcement

      Dear Ann,

      I understand that you are the listserv guru for the Society for Anthropology
      in Community Colleges.  I'll appreciate it if you can propagate this
      announcement to your listserv subscribers!

      Sawa Kurotani Becker
      Dept. of Sociology and Anthropology
      University of Redlands

      Center, the University of Hawaii, and the University of Redlands with the
      support of the Henry Luce Foundation, will take place on October 18-20,
      2002, at the campus of the University of Redlands. It is open to full-time
      North American college faculty interested in infusing Asian content into
      their courses. Both scholars in Asian Studies and non-Asianists are welcome
      to apply.The workshop will feature a keynote speech by Dr.  Roger Ames of
      the University of Hawaii, and three sessions led respectively by Dr.  Peter
      Hershock (East-West Center) and Dr. Ames, Dr. Sawa Becker (Univ. of
      Redlands) and Dr. C. Scott Littleton (Occidental College), and Dr. Paul
      Pickowicz (University of California, San Diego). Application deadline is
      September 6, 2002. For more information and application forms, contact Dr.
      Xinyan Jiang at 909-793-2121, ext. 2606 or Xinyan_Jiang@..., or
      visit the workshop Web site at
      http://newton.uor.edu/Departments&Programs/AsianStudiesDept/asdp.html.