Re: [SACC-L] Ft Lauderdale Minutes

  • Barry D. Kass
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2002
      Hi Tony,
      I just finished reading the minutes from the Ft. Lauderdale SACC
      meeting. Great minutes! Some of the greatest "stuff" I've read since The
      Brothers Karamatzov, or whatever. No really, terrific, but alas, a little
      depressing, with regard to the lack of attendance. What happened to Chuck
      Ellenbaum? Was he too sick to attend?
      Sorry I couldn't make it. SUNY budget was hit heavily by 9/11, no funds
      available for travel or conference attendance, not enough personal $$$
      either. Hope to be in New Orleans, though. Don't worry, I haven't drunk
      your bottle of mescal.
      Regards,
      Barry
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 7, 2002
          Spradley and McCurdy's Conformity and Conflict remains an excellent way
          of sparking interest in anthropological matters.

          You might also look at "A Little Anthropology" by Nash

          >>> robin-ann@... 03/06/02 09:15PM >>>

          NEW

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Ann Kaupp
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 26, 2002
            Tony, looking forward to reading the minutes. I could print them out but unknown file format to save as a document. Can you send them in Word or WordPerfect, which I use? If not can just use my hard copy. Ann

            >>> abalzano@... 03/05/02 11:55AM >>>
          • edavis@crowcanyon.org
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 26, 2002
              Hi Ann,

              I have attached a copy of my SAA paper. If you think that it, or some
              version of it, would be appropriate for Anthro Notes, let me know. It was
              good to see you in Denver, I was detained at another function so I never
              made it to the Anthro Notes party. Hope you had a good turn out.

              Elaine
            • Ann Kaupp
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 27, 2002
                Elaine, thank you for sending your paper. I look forward to reading it.

                We had a very good turnout at the reception (the baked brie went very quickly) and a cozy dinner afterward with a few friends/supporters. Ann

                >>> edavis@... 03/26/02 01:47PM >>>