Ft Lauderdale Minutes

  • balzano, anthony
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2002
    • Barry D. Kass
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2002
        Hi Tony,
        I just finished reading the minutes from the Ft. Lauderdale SACC
        meeting. Great minutes! Some of the greatest "stuff" I've read since The
        Brothers Karamatzov, or whatever. No really, terrific, but alas, a little
        depressing, with regard to the lack of attendance. What happened to Chuck
        Ellenbaum? Was he too sick to attend?
        Sorry I couldn't make it. SUNY budget was hit heavily by 9/11, no funds
        available for travel or conference attendance, not enough personal $$$
        either. Hope to be in New Orleans, though. Don't worry, I haven't drunk
        your bottle of mescal.
        Regards,
        Barry
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 7, 2002
            Spradley and McCurdy's Conformity and Conflict remains an excellent way
            of sparking interest in anthropological matters.

            You might also look at "A Little Anthropology" by Nash

            >>> robin-ann@... 03/06/02 09:15PM >>>

            NEW

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Ann Kaupp
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 26, 2002
              Tony, looking forward to reading the minutes. I could print them out but unknown file format to save as a document. Can you send them in Word or WordPerfect, which I use? If not can just use my hard copy. Ann

              >>> abalzano@... 03/05/02 11:55AM >>>
            • edavis@crowcanyon.org
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 26, 2002
                Hi Ann,

                I have attached a copy of my SAA paper. If you think that it, or some
                version of it, would be appropriate for Anthro Notes, let me know. It was
                good to see you in Denver, I was detained at another function so I never
                made it to the Anthro Notes party. Hope you had a good turn out.

                Elaine
              • Ann Kaupp
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 27, 2002
                  Elaine, thank you for sending your paper. I look forward to reading it.

                  We had a very good turnout at the reception (the baked brie went very quickly) and a cozy dinner afterward with a few friends/supporters. Ann

                  >>> edavis@... 03/26/02 01:47PM >>>