FW: [ANTHRO-L] TAC Needs Your Help

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2002
      FW: [ANTHRO-L] TAC Needs Your Help

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Cassie Hemphill [mailto:cassie@...]
      Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 3:32 PM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject: [ANTHRO-L] TAC Needs Your Help

      With apologies for the necessity of cross-posting this important
      message...

      =========================

      To those who may be inclined and in a position to help, we're
      putting the word out about a bit of bad luck we have experienced.
      Last Friday our primary computer, the one we use to encode videos
      and audio programs for our public education website, The
      Archaeology Channel (www.archaeologychannel.org), blew up.  More
      specifically, the power supply shorted and popped and took the
      mother board and hard drive with it.  We won't know what other
      components are lost, if any, until we get a new power supply,
      mother board and hard drive installed this week.  This will set
      us back somewhere in the range of $300-700, I think, if not more.
      It also puts us dead in the water as far as encoding new content
      for our regular streaming format.  We do not have an emergency
      fund for such an event, so we must rely upon the generosity of
      our supporters.  About 16 new Memberships at $45 would do the
      job.  As we are a tax-exempt nonprofit, all contributions are
      tax-deductible.

      Details about our Membership program are appended below.  If
      you've thought about taking part but haven't gotten around to it,
      this would be an excellent time to step forward.  Prospects for
      the development and progress of TAC are excellent, once we get
      past this little bump in the road.  We were even featured in the
      Jan. 18 issue of Science!  Thank you.

      Richard M. (Rick) Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
      President and Executive Director
      Archaeological Legacy Institute
      4147 E. Amazon Dr.
      Eugene, OR 97405-4660
      (541) 345-5538
      (541) 338-3109 (fax)
      www.archaeologychannel.org

      ******************

      Membership Categories and requested fees (USD):
      Child  $18
      Student  $25
      Limited or Fixed Income  $20
      Individual  $45
      Organization  $250
      Lifetime  $1000
      Quantum Benefactor  $5000

      Any amount is acceptable for membership.

      Please make your check out to to "ALI" and send to: TAC
      Membership, Archaeological Legacy Institute, P.O. Box 5302,
      Eugene, OR 97405, USA.