SACC Meeting Reminder, Please Forward, Please excuse duplication

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2002
      SACC Meeting Reminder, Please Forward, Please excuse duplication

      Society For Anthropology in Community Colleges  ANNUAL MEETING Fort Lauderdale, Florida February 21-23, 2002
      Conference Registration form
      DEADLINE FOR 2002 SACC CONFERENCE IS JANUARY 10, 2002.
      Our theme is Teaching Anthropology in a Time of Crisis.
      How did you learn of the terrorist attacks of September 11th?
      How did you, your school, and your students react?
      How have the attack and the subsequent military, political, and economic events affected you and your teaching?
      How should anthropology and anthropologists be involved in this unfolding struggle?
      We will have a lot to talk about and share this winter in our time together.
      If you have any questions about the conference, contact Chuck Ellenbaum (630/942-2433).

      Abstract Proposal form and Guidelines are on the SACC page (WWW.anthro.cc)
      Please Print out and Submit to:
      Mary Pulford, SACC Program Chair
      Lake Superior College
      2101 Trinity Road
      Duluth MN 55811
      218/733-5957
      FAX: 218/725-7734
      M.Pulford@...
      Any abstract received after this date will be considered only if space allows.
      You may fax, e-mail, or send this form by regular mail. Remember to include all information on this form. [Panel presentations must include the following information for all presenters.]

      We will be meeting in Fort Lauderdale at the Holiday Inn, Fort Lauderdale Beach <hotel.htm>
      999 N. Atlantic Blvd.
      Ft. Lauderdale, FL
      33304-3398
      (954/563-5961)
      Note: You need to reserve your room before the cut off date of January 20, 2002.
      On Saturday, we will have breakfast together and then go to the Ah Tah Thi Ki Seminole Tribal Museum <http://www.seminoletribe.com/museum/>, a Seminole reconstructed Village, lunch, and an swamp buggy Eco tour. By coming early or staying later you can arrange day trips to the islands or drive to Key West or other interesting destinations.

      For questions about the program: contact Mary Pulford (218/733-5957),

      Ann Popplestone

      CCC TLC