Virus--This is Real

  • LAWolfe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2001
      Folks,
      I received a message containing this virus..., and chances
      are you have it too, since you're in my address book.
      It lies dormant for 14 days, then it kills you hard drive.
      Here's how to stop it:...I did this and its easy...
      If you've got it send this to everyone in your address book.

      The directions for removing it are easy.
      1. Go to 'start' - then to 'find or search'
           (depending on your computer)
      2. In the 'search for files or folders' type in
           sulfnbk.exe -- this is the virus.
      3. In the 'look in' make sure you're searching Drive C.
      4. Hit 'search' button (or find)
      5. If this file shows up (it's an ugly blackish icon that will have the
           name  'sulfnbk.exe'     DO NOT OPEN IT
      6. Right click on the file - go down to delete and left click.
      7. I will ask you if you want to send it to the recycle bin, say yes.
      8. Go to your desktop (where all your icons are)
           and double click on the recycle bin.
      9. Right click on sulfnbk.exe and delete again - or empty the bin.
           If you find it send this email to all in your address book,
           because that's how it's transferred.

    • Rebecca L. Stein
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2001
        No, actually this is a hoax.  The file is real, but it is a standard windows file.  See:  http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html.