FW: [ANTHRO-L] congress in Odessa [fwd]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2001

      From: Hugh Jarvis [mailto:hjarvis@...]
      Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 11:18 AM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject: [ANTHRO-L] congress in Odessa [fwd]

      [Fyi, all. Details below. Hugh]

      -----Original Message-----
      From: owner-ANSS-L@... [mailto:owner-ANSS-L@...]On Behalf Of Olena Smyntyna [smyntyna@...]
      Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 10:37 PM
      To: ANSS-L@...
      Subject: congress in Odessa

      DEAR COLLEAGUES!
      With great pleasure we would like to inform You about the International congress

      “ARCHAEOLOGY AND ETHNOLOGY OF THE EASTERN EUROPE: THE YOUTH APPROACHING THE XXIST CENTURY”

      The Congress will take place between April, 24th−27th, 2002, at the Department of archaeology and ethnology of Ukraine, Odessa I.I. Mechnikov National University.

      The congress will act as an important multi-disciplinary discussion forum for researchers and students who are interested in Eastern Europe. Up until recently, and prior to the formation of the new Russian and eastern European states, anthropology, archaeology and ethnography had remained isolated and contained. This congress provides the necessary stimulus for researchers and students from inside and outside Eastern Europe to discuss and debate contemporary issues.

      Scientists, post-graduates, M.A. and undergraduate students, who are researching different problems in archaeology, cultural anthropology and history, in particular spatial and temporal discourse are invited to take part in the Congress. Contributions from those who are researching historical and theoretical archaeology and cultural anthropology are also invited.

      To become the Congress participant, please:

      Submit Your abstracts (1500 words maximum). Abstracts must be represented as the file (format .doc or .rtf) on 3,5 floppy-disk or sent by e-mail, and as print-out copy as well. The print-out copy must be signed by the author and by his scientific tutor.

      Provide the short information about the applicant (surname, given name, academic or scientific institution, position, scientific tutor, contact address, phone, e-mail).

      The Deadline for registration is February 1, 2002.

      For all inquiries You can easily contact the Congress organizers by ordinary mail or e-mail too
      Julia Ivanchenko,
      Department of archaeology and ethnology of Ukraine,
      History Faculty,
      Odessa I.I. Mechnikov National University,
      12 Schepkin str. Odessa, Ukraine 65026
      E-mail: AEC2002@...