FW: [ANTHRO-L] annual Buffalo Workshops in Archaeometry [fwd]

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2001
      FW: [ANTHRO-L] annual Buffalo Workshops in Archaeometry [fwd]

      Date:    Tue, 9 Oct 2001 18:35:04 -0400
      From:    Hex Kleinmartin <hfk@...>
      Subject: Workshops in Archaeometry

      Dear Colleague,

      The Archaeometry Research Graduate Group of the University at Buffalo
      would like to invite you to participate in the 13th Annual "Workshops in
      Archaeometry" Conference. In the past, the conference has been supported
      by the Department of Anthropology, the Canadian-American Studies
      Committee, and the Graduate Student Assembly. Last year's conference
      enjoyed great success thanks to the input and direction of those
      invited.
      The objectives for this conference are the same as they have always
      been:
      1) to provide an annual forum for the discussion of archaeometric
      research; 2) to expand current knowledge of the scope of archaeometric
      research; and 3) to expand collaborative efforts among scholars.

      The two day conference, to be held February 23rd and 24th, 2002, will
      consist of four half-day work-shops. Participants will have the
      opportunity to present and discuss current research projects. Workshops
      will include an introduction by the session moderator, 30-40 minute
      informal presentation of research, and a period of open discussion.
      Ideas
      and concepts related to evolving research projects are especially
      encouraged. Formal papers are not necessary. A reception/dinner will
      follow the last work-shop session on Saturday.

      We invite your suggestions and interests regarding the establishment of
      topics for the four work-shops. Please return the accompanying reply
      form
      by January 1st, 2002. We will make a follow-up announcement that
      includes
      information about accommodations, scheduling, and topics. Also, we will
      be
      providing hotel accommodations for those out-of town guests who are
      presenting papers. Funds are, of course, limited; your prompt response
      is
      encouraged if you need a room.

      We also request that you invite other faculty and graduate students who
      you think would be interested in, or would benefit from this type of
      forum. We look forward to hearing from you. If there are further
      questions
      please do not hesitate to contact us.

      Sincerely,

      Dr. Ezra Zubrow                         Hex Kleinmartin
      Professor of Anthropology               ARGG Conference Director
      ARGG Faculty Advisor