image recommendation

  • Sunny Jiang
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2001
      neat site
      Our division secretary has a brilliant idea. She invited each discipline in our Social Science Division to provide her with an image that represents the discipline. I am looking for an image, not larger than 11 x 14, that symbolizes the discipline of anthropology. I wonder if anyone in SACC has any recommendation. It's a good way to promote visibility of anthropology on our campus.

      Sunny Jiang
      English/Communications
      Cultural Anthropology
      Lee College
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2001
        neat site
        Sunny,

        I think that's a great idea, too.  Might be good for all of us in SACC to consider.  I like Leonardo da Vinci's famous "Proportions of Man" drawing, which you can find at

        George Bagwell, Prof.
        Colorado Mountain College
        Steamboat Springs, CO
        970 870-4448

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 10, 2001
          I don't have an answer but just wanted to share some info. on this topic.

          The AAA hired a firm this year to create a new logo. They put together a questionnaire to learn what anthropology means to people in the profession.

          I know staff at the AAA like the cover of the 1999/2000 AAA GUIDE with the human petroglyph-like figures on the cover.

          Ann Kaupp, Head
          Anthropology Outreach Office
          Department of Anthropology
          Smithsonian Institution
          Washington, DC 20560
          (202) 357-1592
          kaupp.ann@...

          >>> lbagwell@... 09/07/01 04:22PM >>>
          neat siteSunny,

          I think that's a great idea, too. Might be good for all of us in SACC to consider. I like Leonardo da Vinci's famous "Proportions of Man" drawing, which you can find at
          http://sunsite.dk/cgfa/vinci/p-vinci23.htm

          George Bagwell, Prof.
          Colorado Mountain College
          Steamboat Springs, CO