FW: [ANTHRO-L] Job: medical anthropology (U of Illinois, Chicago)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001

      From: Serguei Alex. Oushakine [mailto:sao15@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 12:23 PM
      To: ANTHRO-L@...
      Subject: [ANTHRO-L] Job: medical anthropology (U of Illinois, Chicago)

      UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS
      AT CHICAGO
      Department of Anthropology (M/C 027)
      1007 West Harrison Street, Room 2102 BSB
      Chicago, IL 60607

      Stanley Fish, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at
      University of Illinois at Chicago has authorized a search for two medical
      anthropologists to join the faculty of the Department of Anthropology in
      Fall 2002. UIC is home to one of the largest medical school campuses in
      the United States where a number of anthropologists hold appointments
      including Susan Scrimshaw who is Dean of the School of Public Health and
      an affiliated faculty member in the Department of Anthropology.

      Our plan is to develop a cross-disciplinary focus in medical anthropology
      for our new PhD program to this end, we would appreciate the distribution
      of this letter to individuals who may be interested in joining our
      growing faculty and building a major PhD program in anthropology.

      University of Illinois at Chicago. The Department of Anthropology
      invites applications for Cultural and Biological anthropologists for 2
      tenure-track positions in Medical Anthropology to begin Fall,
      2002. 1 position may be filled at the Associate level. Regional and
      theoretical specialties are open. In addition to pursuing his/her own
      research, the appointee will be encouraged to participate in the
      development of a major PhD program focus in Medical Anthropology.

      For  fullest consideration, applications should arrive no later than November
      2, 2001 Please send letter of application, current curriculum vitae and
      names and addresses of 3 references to: Chair, Medical Anthropology
      Search Committee, UIC Department of Anthropology (M/C 027), 1007 W
      Harrison, Rm 2102 BSB, Chicago, IL 60607.