FW: [SACC-L] FW: Soc. for Anthro in CC

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 17, 2001
      FW: [SACC-L] FW: Soc. for Anthro in CC

      Thanks Lloyd!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: LJMil@... [mailto:LJMil@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 7:13 PM
      To: sherylcahill@...
      Cc: ann.popplestone@...
      Subject: Re: [SACC-L] FW: Soc. for Anthro in CC

      Dear Ms. Cahill,

      Thank you for you inquiry about SACC.  We're one of 30 some sections of the
      American Anthropological Association (AAA).  Our purpose is to advance the
      teaching of anthropology (and the dissemination of anthropological knowledge)
      at the undergraduate college level, K-12 schools and especially community
      colleges.  To be a full-fledged member (eligible to vote and hold office),
      one must belong to the AAA and then join SACC for an additional $15 a year.
      Membership includes the semi-annual publication, Teaching Anthropology: SACC
      Notes as well as the monthly (Sept through May) AAA newsletter, Anthropology
      News, in which SACC publishes a column.

      SACC holds an annual conference, usually in April, that includes papers,
      presentations and panel discussions, keynote speakers and field trips of
      anthropological interest.  This year we met in Oaxaca, Mexico; last year we
      were in Seattle, WA.

      A non-AAA member may subscribe to SACC Notes for $15 and attend the
      conferences for the same price as members, but may not vote on section
      matters or hold office in SACC.

      I will mail an informational brochure and complementary copy of SACC Notes to
      you at your PO box in Petaluma, CA.

      On behalf of SACC, thanks again for your interest.

      Lloyd Miller
      Editor, Teaching Anthropology: SACC Notes
      Contributing Editor, Anthropology News